Permanent Reference code
:124764 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Deloitte Global is the engine of the Deloitte network. Our professionals reach across disciplines and borders to develop and lead global initiatives. We deliver strategic programs and services that unite our organization.What will your typical day look like?
Our Office of General Counsel is currently seeking a Counsel to advise and support on various technology and privacy initiatives within Deloitte Global. This person will contribute to the technology space, helping the Deloitte network innovate and deploy new technologies while managing legal risks and complying with regulations. We are seeking an attorney comfortable advising on a wide-range legal matters related to technology, including negotiating commercial agreements and related documents (software licensing, SaaS and cloud, content and data, partnership and joint venture agreements, term of use) and advising on privacy and confidentiality-related issues.
The Counsel will have the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities including:
About the team
- Researching and advising on technology regulation, including artificial intelligence, outsourcing, and cybersecurity
- Advising business and technology leaders on the legal and other risks associated with development, operation, and implementation of technology systems and innovations and working collaboratively with business leaders to develop practical solutions to address those risks
- Developing training, playbooks, and templates to assist Deloitte member firms and their professionals with technology-related matters
Global General Counsel provides legal guidance and expertise to Deloitte Global, the broader Deloitte organization, and our business leaders. We advise on regulatory, claims, and corporate legal matters, as well as additional issues that may pose novel or unique situations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Bachelor's degree and a J.D. from a top law school; active membership in at least one bar
- Minimum of 7 years of legal experience
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience advising on privacy, cyber security, and confidentiality matters
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Experience working in an in-house environment, preferably with a technology provider or supporting technology teams at a large institution
- Experience working in a global or cross-border environment with individuals from different geographies and cultures
- Experience translating legal concepts and requirements into actionable, practical guidance for IT and business teams
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Cyber Security, Cloud, General Counsel, Developer, Equity, Security, Technology, Legal, Finance