Requisition ID: 165890
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the role
As a Delivery Lead, you will act as the Scrum Master and Project Manager within an Agile environment. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Canadian Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively. You will identify, escalate and remove release and team impediments. As a Delivery Lead, you will also manage the budget, schedule, risks and issues. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Tracking projects through each phase of Agile project lifecycle
- Work with all the dependent teams and prepare execution plan
- Working with various teams to achieve end-to-end project delivery
- Ensure milestones are met and project has gone through all approval gates
- Document project status & assist team in maintaining information repositories
- Maintain project risk tracker and communicate project risks to management
- Prepare work back schedules, roadmap and capacity planning at a project level
- Ensure a balance between team capacity and workload is kept in order to achieve a successful project delivery
- Support app releases & rollout related activities
Communication & Collaboration:Stakeholder Management
- Keep all stakeholders up to date on project status and roadblocks
- Ability to set expectations with all stakeholders, execute and communicate accordingly
- Identification of risks and issues that require DF leadership attention
- Ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and Solutions in a simple and logical manner following stakeholder field of expertise
- Ability to work effectively with engineering Sr Managers when needed to remediate risk around project delivery.
- Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project.
Communication & Collaboration:Scrum Master
- Contribute to the productivity and happiness of the scrum team
- Supporting project team members in challenging situations (resource / release challenges, cross-team communication)
- Introduce agile engineering best practices
- Scheduling ad-hoc meetings to solve for disagreements or ambiguities in order to reduce risk of jeopardizing milestones and or artifacts
- Ease conversations and promote constructive attitude
- Facilitate and ensure healthy communication between project team members
- Scheduling and chairing scrum ceremonies.
- Accountable for conducting regular retros and addressing team's feedback
- Monitor scrum team progress by preparing reports/charts
- Understanding team strengths and weaknesses in order to improve each phase of the project lifecycle
- Lead by example
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Providing feedback to help improving processes and tools
- Working on aligning best practices across delivery team
- Continuous improvement and learning from other delivery team members
- Take active role on application audit related activities
- Be able to adjust, learn and iterate frequently
What's in it for you?
- 4-5 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Demonstrates proactivity and accountability
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Investment Banking, Project Manager, Technical Support, Engineer, Banking, Finance, Technology, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive