Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Build
covers a number of functional disciplines or practice areas. These technology professionals demonstrate incredible commitment through their participation in a combination of build-related functions or activities, such as:
• Application and implementation of platform design patterns and standards for infrastructure components across various platform domains;
• Delivery Management functions within the build mandate to co-ordinate and drive deployment- related activities;
• Structured focus on project delivery to implement deliverables for their respective and specialized areas of infrastructure build; and
• Specialized Services functions that provision contact center infrastructure and network-related infrastructure work for Real Estate and/or Branch environments, hardware assets etc.
There's room for you to grow in all of it. Job Description
Experienced MSSQL DBA, with basic knowledge/experience at a minimum with Azure SQL, to be part of DBA team supporting projects. You will be required to work with a team of DBAs to build databases, perform changes to meet the applications needs. Accountabilities:
• Manage an environment of SQL Server, Azure SQL and other databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to production systems
• Review project documents to ensure design specifications meet application needs
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Manage and ensure compliance with database backup strategies
• Complete administration of SQL Server Clustering, knowledge of HA/DR options
• Manage and maintain service pack updates, cumulative updates and security patches
• Understand and support Azure SQL including data migration from MSSQL and Oracle Requirements
• College Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Strong MS SQL Server 2008-2019 project support in Microsoft SQL and basic knowledge/experience with Azure SQL DB.
• Strong database troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
• Experience in TDE and SSL configuration
• Able to handle all SQL Database DBA related daily maintenance tasks
• Good exposure in Database and SQL Performance Tuning
• Knowledge and experience in Data Migration to Oracle. On-premises to Azure would be an asset
• Managing SQL Server all the version
• Configuring and Administering Security /Policies/Resource Governing
• Planning for Production Storage and Capacity Management
• Hands on experience on Windows issues monitoring and troubleshooting
• Design, implement and operate database systems for performance and reliability
• Administer production and development databases, ensuring maximum availability
• Demonstrable experience of working effectively with Internal teams to resolve issues
• This role entails after-hours or weekends deployments and support
• Good working experience all HA and DR solutions.
• Experience in analysis and tuning of T-SQL queries to improve performance, providing baselines and reporting to other teams on results
• Experience with backup, restore and recovery models
• The ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• MongoDB and PostgreSQL knowledge is a plus
• Working knowledge in the following areas is considered an asset:
• Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Data factory, System Center Operations Manager, Azure Synapse
• Familiarity with Microsoft Azure SecOps, IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
• Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
• Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.