Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Our vision to be the Better Bank is grounded in our purpose-driven and forward-focused strategy. The CTO was formed to establish integrated shared services across our four corporate segments - Finance including Specialty Groups, Treasury & Balance Sheet Management (TBSM), HR, Risk Management, Corporate Defense Group, GAML, and Compliance. We're growing the best of Corporate's core capabilities, enhancing operational alignment, creating greater capacity and focus, and unlocking new and exciting career paths for colleagues.
The CTO's purpose is to strengthen the Bank at its core by leveraging scale and expertise to deliver better business outcomes. We aspire to achieve operational excellence, deliver with confidence, build better capabilities, and create a community of empowered and inspired colleagues. The CTO will enable us to move with purpose towards common goals, simplify how we work and elevate how we deliver customer value. In the CTO, we offer a culture of performance, growth, and collaboration, as well as benefits and resources that support your wellbeing and career development.
Join our world-class Governance, Risk and Control Team within the CTO which is responsible for central governance, risk and control capabilities for the Corporate Functions. Contribute to enterprise governance, risk and building enterprise capabilities to streamline the three lines of defense and improve effectiveness. Job Description About this Role
Are you an experienced data steward or data governance professional? If so, you'll enjoy working as a data steward in Corporate Transformation & Operations (CTO). If you think you can showcase your expertise and strive to be the best, then join our team to grow!
As a Data Steward I, you will provide oversight over data risks within your portfolio ensuring TBSM meets enterprise data policies and standards.
Primary Accountabilities include:
• Provides data governance expertise and supports, manages and / or executes data governance activities within the TBSM Line of Business.
• Develops relationships with key business, enterprise and control partners providing data governance expertise, and leads on day-to-day data governance activities
• Ensure the Line of Business (LOB) adheres to data related policies, standards and meets requirements set out by the Enterprise Data and Information Management Policy and Standards
• Communicates data governance strategy and processes across business segment
• Support the design and implementation of processes, templates, and appropriate mitigating controls, to support enterprise data policy and standards and ensure effective management and control of LOB data
• Lead governance and oversight of LOB data management activities, such as identification of critical data and critical data elements, metadata management, data quality tasks and data retention and disposition
• Identify and escalate data risks and issues and provide advice and support to business owners in development and implementation of action plans for issue resolution
• Provide analysis and support the development of reporting to monitor current and emerging data related risks and escalation processes
• Deliver training, tools, and advice to support the governance and oversight of data
• Provide data governance expertise to support projects, ensuring projects meet required data governance and management policies and standards Requirements
You're a confident professional with a good understanding of data governance principles, enjoy working with varied stakeholders and possess the following:
• Undergraduate degree/technical certificate or seven (7) or more years relevant experience
• Solid understanding of data governance principles and an understanding of data risk and data management
• Ability to independently engage with senior leaders, and influence without direct authority, providing guidance and thought leadership on data governance activities
• Planning and organizational skills with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities, ability to manage functional programs independently
• Experience with working in both a technical and business context is an asset; able to translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand business language
• A team player with the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team with a proven track record of delivering results by demonstrating the ability to take independent action Additional Information
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.