Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
What does TD stand for? For starters, we believe in visionary leadership and insights. We believe in using every resource at our disposal to better serve our clients, and for almost every department, that begins with data.
As part of our Data and Analytics team, you'll be a fundamental part of crafting business processes enterprise-wide by analyzing vast amounts of past and present data.
TD's vision for the future? Tailored, customized banking products, services and experiences for every single customer. If you've been in business as long as we have, you know there's no such thing as one size fits all, and a diverse, inclusive Data Analytics team is a massive part of that future achievement.Job Description About this Role
While you are a natural leader, you don't mind getting your hands dirty. And in your role, you will simultaneously work to create data related solutions to drive business results, while working with senior leadership to communicate timelines and progress and identify business opportunities. You are not only a functional expert, you also possess broad managerial experience and specialized knowledge of regulatory and industry frameworks, using that knowledge to inform development cycles and develop industry leading analytic solutions. Most of all, your work ethic and thought leadership inspires your team to innovate with purpose, execute with speed, collaborate to deliver world-class data solutions and ultimately become leaders themselves.
We are looking for someone to work as part of a trailblazing team of data scientists who create groundbreaking analytical solutions that improve our core work enterprise wide. As a Data Scientist II, these are the essential qualifications of this role:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, designs and leads iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become core work you're doing
- Work closely with business owners to find opportunities and serve as an ambassador for data science
- Design and deliver enterprise analytic solutions for customers
- Develop powerful business insights from social, marketing and industrial data using advanced machine learning techniques
- Build complex statistical models that learn from and scale to petabytes of data.
- Analytical thought leadership and staying ahead of developments in data mining and the application of data science
- Work independently as a senior lead and may manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on various projects ranging in complexity and size
- Generally accountable for a significant business management area that typically has enterprise wide impact or accountability
- Enterprise or functional expert, requiring broad managerial and deep specialized knowledge at the enterprise, business, regulatory and industry levels
Tell us about your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Graduate level qualification in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research) ideally with a specialization in data mining/machine learning
- Up to 5 years' experience of working in analytical environments
- Expertise in analytical tools such as SAS
- High proficiency in Python, PySpark, Java, R, and its essential libraries.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with relational databases and usage of SQL
- Experience with Object Orientated programming via Java/C++
- Proficiency in Big data (Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, Spark etc.) and unstructured data
- Demonstrated track record of manipulation of large volume, high frequency data for analytical purposes on a Big Data platform
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing statistical models (predictive & descriptive)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, high impact analytical solutions to business problems
#datascientist #LI-Hybrid Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.