All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program,
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
The Data Science & Advanced Analytics Co-op/Intern
is a 4-month work term (potential to extend to 8 months) opportunity in analytics and data. The Data Science and Advanced Analytics Co-op/Intern will perform a variety of activities, which may include:
- Apply machine learning methods to conduct data-driven research, identify opportunities, and make tangible recommendations to senior management.
- Support business partners to identify opportunities for process optimization and informed decision-making, and build innovative solutions.
- Work with structured and unstructured data and prepare data sets for machine learning through integration, cleaning, feature engineering, scaling and transforming data
- Build production-scale solutions and work with deployment teams to integrate in business operations
- Leverage visualization methods to represent results and communicate outcomes to technical and non-technical audiences
- Currently enrolled in either a recognized undergraduate or graduate degree majoring in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science, Data Analytics or related, with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills and interest are necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in one or more of R, R Shiny, Python, SQL, SAS or other data-related programming languages.
- Experience with Data Management, Analytics, and Project Management is a plus.
- Experience and depth of knowledge in Spark, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Hive, Monte Carlo & Tableau would be considered an asset
Please ensure your application includes:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Unofficial university transcript
TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.