Requisition ID: 156603
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Global Finance & Risk Technology Group plays a critical role in developing technical platforms and maintaining enterprise financial regulatory reporting applications to support Retail Credit Risk, Insurance, Business Banking Credit Risk and Capital Management. Its mission is to bring enterprise data from different data sources to perform risk analytics using varies technologies and to produce extracts in support corporate decision and financial reporting functions within Scotiabank. The Role
The Data Engineer will ensure system reliability, availability and continual added value for our business clients. As a technology expert on the team, you will have the opportunity to modernize the current technology stack, drive industry best practices and migrate our platforms towards the Enterprise technology roadmaps. Some of the key accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Participate in the requirements, design, plan, coordination, and development of various application initiatives with varying scope and complexity.
- Assist with planning and execution of unit, integration, and user acceptance testing.
- Use front end and back-end systems in various environments to integrate the data as per the customer needs
- Provide support to operations team to resolve production issues
- Lead and take ownership of ETL/ELT development on multiple simultaneous data integration projects
- Assist in planning and execution of all software currency upgrade projects
- Assess current architecture setup and developing strategies to optimize data availability, quality, and performance of workloads.
- Work with upstream source providers and downstream consumers for change request and release management.
- Be curious, constantly learning about new trends in IT enterprise technologies especially in Data Management, CI/CD and DevOps functions.
- Document, present and share the knowledge with end users and team members
- Conducting research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts .
Nice to have
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- 5+ years experience in designing, automating, and implementing large scale enterprise level distributed systems, ETL, analytical and reporting workflows along with maintenance & support on production environments
- In depth knowledge of architecture domains including application, data, infrastructure, and security architectures
- Excellent business/technical writing and communication skills with ability to articulate in a clear, concise, confident, persuasive, and compelling manner under pressure and deadlines
- Expertise in ETL tools: Talend, DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, Big Data (Apache: Hadoop)
- Strong knowledge of Java, Python, Scala, Angular, Spark, PL/SQL, SQL/HQL, Hive tables, HDFS/Hadoop, DB2
- Experience in troubleshooting application performance issues at different levels (Application, Database, Network etc.)
- Well versed with Windows, Unix, Bash shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Experience with public cloud solutions like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Data engineering certification an asset.
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office and from home with the details to be determined based on business needs.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Database, Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Software and Programming Engineering