Ignition Tax is a team of full-stack developers, project managers, and technology trailblazers who pride themselves on creativity and innovation. Tasked with leading KPMG Canada and our clients through digital transformation, Ignition Tax is focused on tax innovation to unlock value and prepare our clients for the future. KPMG Ignition Tax helps organizations realize opportunities through our far-reaching intelligence capabilities that allow for the development of modern software solutions.
In a fast-paced, experimental environment, our team collaborates with strategic partners and tax leaders across Canada to build next-generation solutions. By fostering a startup culture within a welcoming nurturing environment and support of KPMG's world-class firm, Ignition Tax approaches each project with a unique perspective, a multitude of complementary skill sets, and expertise that allow them to build technology solutions that shape the future of tax . Videos:
EN - https://players.brightcove.net/3755095886001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6258238495001
FR - https://players.brightcove.net/3755095886001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6258241084001 Overview of the opportunity:
As a Data Engineer you will be an integral member of the Ignition Tax team managing the data pipelines that power our Tax Technology products for our clients and KPMG Canada. You will be a key contributor to the next generation of web apps for our internal users and will be critical in addressing our analytical needs to help our business and clients make data driven decisions. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Use analytics to enable greater insight into business drivers and outlook to proactively inform business decisions using supervised and unsupervised techniques.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Planning and implementation of data collection and management tools.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build your technical and analytical expertise by delivering high quality results on time and proactively identifying and resolving project issues.
- Analyze and translate project and user needs into data, analytics and technology requirements.
- Develop, implement, monitor and efficiently deliver on multiple projects in advanced analytics via, among others, cloud technologies.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- 2-3 years of ETL experience, preferably with SSMS
- 2-3 years of relational database experience, preferably SQL Server
- Knowledge of data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, database normalization, indexing, star schemas, etc.
- Experience creating tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, functions, constraints, etc.
- Experience with Azure or other Cloud technologies
- Experience building data mappings in Azure Data Factory (ADF) is an asset
- Exposure to NoSQL databases e.g. Mongo, DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra
- Coding experience would be an asset
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service and Support