At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a Data Application Developer reporting to the Senior Manager - Enterprise Data and Analytics team. This individual will be responsible for developing and supporting scalable and highly available data applications and patterns enabling analytical, machine learning and other business functions. This role has flexibility in terms of location and can be based out of our Brampton or Toronto office. What you will be doing:
What you have:
- Develop and support scalable and highly available data applications enabling analytical, machine learning and other business functions.
- Develop and support data integration b/w data platform/applications and internal/external systems, including streaming, near real time and batch for various business needs.
- Deliver scalable and reliable data solutions leveraging Azure, AWS, Hadoop & SAS platforms and APIs
- Support POCs and lab technology innovation initiatives
- Work collaboratively with all levels of business and IT stakeholders to understand complex business problems and own data and analytical application related components to solving them.
- Apply concepts, industry research, best practices and devops capabilities to implement data applications and solutions
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies - Azure and AWS.
- 3+ years of experience with Data Modeling, ETL Development, Data Warehousing & Data Management functions, preferably in cloud.
- Experience with Scala, Python & Spark
- Experience in implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years of supporting cross-functional project teams - clients, developers, solutions design, production support, 3rd parties and vendors.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years of experience Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, YARN, Hive, Pig, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, NiFi.
- Data Science and ML Ops Experience.
- Experience in leading delivery of large Information Technology, Data and Cloud Platform projects.
- Experience with SAS CI and integrating RTDM with channels.
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
204571 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering Job Segment:
Application Developer, Database, Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Find similar jobs: