Requisition ID: 107614
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Cyber Security Services (CSS) team's mandate is to develop and manage security technologies including operational security services to secure the business and protect information assets globally. The team's primary areas of focus are: Event log management, monitoring and alerting. The objectives of the team are to ensure high availability of a broad range of security technical controls and to enable the various lines of business through simple security solutions. The Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Logging and Alerting, the Cybersecurity Monitoring Advisor is responsible for the ongoing management of several information security services integral to the Scotiabank security program. The position involves execution of day-to-day production operations of security technologies deployed across the Scotiabank IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will be collaboratively engaged in the development and on-going management of a variety of security technologies deployed worldwide.Is this role right for you?
As the successful candidate will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Function under limited supervision, perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from unauthorized access
- Work collaboratively within a team of security professionals and across the organization in matters of security, production, technology strategy and development
- Support various Security, IT and Business projects by providing input on security technologies and operational practices, assisting in the development of technical deployment solutions and engaging collaboratively in team-based, Agile initiatives
- Be a consultant to the IS&C management and the business lines, providing input into policy, solution and architecture decisions
- Support and maintain key production systems, ensuring 24/7 availability
- Respond to incidents and resolve, triage or escalate as appropriate to meet and exceed SLA metrics
- Develop subject matter expertise on assigned security technologies enabling effective and efficient delivery of security services
- Upgrade technology systems according to vendor product roadmaps and patching requirements
- Derive baseline configurations for security technologies and maintain over the course of the technology life cycle
- Provide input to management reporting including executive summaries, condition status reporting, statistics and action item tracking.
- Consistently perform internal steady state processes according to procedures within specified timelines to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing management of production operations processes including but not limited to disaster recovery, backups, technical support, break/fix, patch management
What's in it for you?
- Strong technical knowledge of SIEM platforms at an enterprise level.
- Strong technical knowledge of networking and related protocols and technologies.
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux server based operating systems.
- You posses experience and knowledge of Cloud technologies with the focus on data collection and storage.
- You possess advanced communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is a strong asset.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with security controls/mechanisms.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or in a related field.
- Security certification(s) (CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CRISC) would be an asset(s).
- While our focus is on finding someone to support Enterprise technologies, we are part of a global information security team that supports various business lines globally. As a team we have the opportunity to work on various applications and complex projects.
- Our primary office in Scarborough is freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2.
- Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations.
- Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Creative