All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President, Credit Operations, the primary accountability of this position is to provide a diverse range of strategy execution, analytical and communications support to the AVP including the Money Out Customer Service Underwriting and Fulfillment operations. Job Description
- Responsibilities include supporting the AVP, Credit Operations in achieving business objectives, providing day-to-day leadership on key initiatives, liaison with internal and external stakeholders, conducting research and preparing briefings, coordinating communications activities, managing and tracking progress against key objectives, and maintaining a current understanding of CPB and Credit Operations strategies and direction.
- Facilitate the development of strategy and roadmap for Credit Operations, in conjunction with direct report team and planning short, medium and long-term objectives.
- Undertake and oversee a variety of projects and initiatives - often with minimal guidance or direction, ensuring discretion and ability to see items through to resolution/completion
- Act as the Business Project Owner in leading cross Credit Operations initiatives
- Organize and participate in the AVP's planning initiatives, and broader, by providing cross-business analysis, strategic perspective and following up on key deliverables.
- Support development and tracking of milestones and other performance management tools and processes - provide summary reports on progress for executive review and consideration
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise and advise the AVP accordingly
- Coordinate the consolidation and delivery of all key departmental weekly/monthly/quarterly executive updates such as the operational highlights, quarterly business reviews and executive updates
- Develop agenda for leadership team, Credit Operations leadership forum, town halls and All Hands Calls as appropriate
- Provide the AVP with an overview of management information, discussions and/or business issues in advance of key business meetings and events. Co-ordinate follow-up on outstanding issues as required
- Identify issues and risks requiring research or analysis, determine solutions/mitigations directly or in consultation with relevant functional / business leaders, other internal / external groups as necessary, and provide meaningful information in response to issues / questions raised
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with unit leaders and key partners across Operations & Strategy
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Data, Business/Commerce or related field
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Excellent judgment, relationship management, and impact and influence capability, with a demonstrated ability to get along with people at all levels
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and interface regularly with direct reports
- Ability to prioritize tasks and determine what is important and where value can be best added
- Organizational awareness, resourcefulness and demonstrated relationship building skills - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Ability to deal with significant ambiguity and constantly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong business acumen, financial acumen and analytical skill set - ability to absorb information on a variety of complex issues (financial and non-financial) and summarize key issues or concerns and identify common themes and trends; demonstrated strategic thinking abilities
- High degree of personal integrity in order to recognize and manage access to sensitive information
- Superior communication skills - professional, confident, transparent and concise communicator (verbal and written)
- Sound working knowledge of various software applications (e.g. spreadsheets, word documents, presentations, etc.)
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence January 4 th - April 29 th , 2022.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.