Creative Director, Audience Engagement
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Creative is seeking a Creative Director to lead our internal Audience Engagement team. You are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who sees opportunity before it's pointed out. You are a visionary and an executor, with your feet on the ground but your head in the sky. You have an innate ability to sell your ideas and then the executional know-how and wherewithal to bring them to life. You are obsessed with knowing about the 'next big thing' in terms of technology and trends and by nature, constantly living ahead of the curve.
Whether your ideas are rooted in existing campaigns, or ways in which to think, market, or advertise differently, you are a self-starter who works independently and doesn't wait for the brief before bringing the idea. What you will do...
In this role, you will lead a core team dedicated to surprising and delighting our audiences in new, exciting and ground-breaking ways. With a distinct focus on our growing and ever-changing sports business, you will play a key role in evolving our best practices for growing audiences and driving engagement among new and emerging fanbases. Rogers Sports Media's industry-leading portfolio includes the NHL, NBA and of course, the Toronto Blue Jays, making this an exciting opportunity to sink your teeth into something big, thrilling and meaningful to Canadians.
Most importantly, being on the bleeding edge of innovation and audience engagement, you will be leaned upon to educate, inspire and develop a core team of designers and developers who are dedicated to supporting innovation and ideation, living the dual life of being dreamers as well as doers. What you will bring...
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Experience leading creative teams
- Experience building and nurturing audiences in multiplatform settings
- Demonstrated experience working with new and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multiplatform project from ideation to execution
- Outstanding pitching and presentation skills
- An insatiable appetite for discovery, with an aptitude for researching new trends and best practices
- High level of passion and expertise in the sports realm
- An ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Discipline and self-motivation required to work autonomously, as well as part of a broader team
- Strong organization skills with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Examples of relevant past projects (i.e. pitch decks, demo reels, portfolios)
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Creative Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Manager, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Management, Technology