Permanent Reference code
:113792 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?What will your typical day look like?
Our Office of General Counsel is currently seeking a Counsel to advise and support on various technology and shared services initiatives within Deloitte Global.
This person will contribute in the technology space, helping the Deloitte network innovate and deploy new technologies while managing legal risks and complying with regulations.
The Counsel's primary responsibility will be negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, including licensing agreements, sourcing and procurement agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements, and term of use.
Over time, the counsel will take on a broad range of additional responsibilities including:
About the teamDeloitte Global:
- Providing guidance to business teams on identification, protection, transfer, and sharing of intellectual property (including drafting appropriate agreements)
- Providing guidance to business and technology leaders on the legal and other risks associated with development, operation, and implementation of technology systems and innovations and working collaboratively with business leaders to develop practical solutions to address those risks
- Advising to development teams on various matters, including licensing of new technology products and solutions
- Advising internal technology teams on legal and regulatory requirements as part of technology deployment and operations and designing scalable processes to achieve compliance
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global General Counsel provides legal guidance and expertise to Deloitte Global, the broader Deloitte organization, and our business leaders. We advise on regulatory, claims, and corporate legal matters, as well as additional issues that may pose novel or unique situations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Bachelor's degree and a J.D. from a top law school; active membership in at least one state bar
- 7+ years of legal experience
- Experience working in an in-house environment, preferably with a technology provider or supporting technology teams at a large institution
- Experience advising on technology and intellectual property matters, including advising product development teams and/or advising teams working on complex technology deployments
- Knowledge of and/or advise on privacy, cyber security, and confidentiality matters
- Experience working in a global or cross-border environment with individuals from different geographies and cultures
- Experience translating legal concepts and requirements into actionable, practical guidance for IT and business teams
- Responsive and client-service focused
- Strategic, creative thinker with good business judgment who can generate possible solutions and options to achieve business goals within the confines of legal and regulatory requirements
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively and can navigate a complex organization that is spread across the globe
- Willingness to learn and master new areas of law
- Strong communicator and good listener, with ability to craft clear and effective messages both orally and in writing
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across various stakeholder groups within the Deloitte network and externally
- Agility and flexibility (as part of a leanly staffed legal department, everyone in the Technology & Shared Services team is expected to chip in and handle a broad array of matters)
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Intellectual Property, Compliance, Cyber Security, General Counsel, Cloud, Legal, Security, Technology