Corporate Staff AccountantJob DescriptionWho we are! GREAT ENTERTAINMENT. GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT INVESTMENT. GREAT CANADIAN.
Since our inception in 1982, Great Canadian has grown to be one of the largest and most dynamic gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. With 25 properties across Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, our facilities include over 16,000 slot machines, 575 table games, 71 dining amenities and over 500 hotel rooms. Working closely alongside our crown agency partners, our team of 9,500 strive to offer the very best gaming, entertainment, dining, and hospitality experiences.
is to be the leading gaming, entertainment, and hospitality company in our chosen markets by providing superior entertainment value and exceptional experiences.
is to provide outstanding experiences to our guests, rewarding opportunities for our team, and superior value to our shareholders.Position Summary:
This position will be based at Shorelines Casino Thousand Islands and will require travel into the office.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Financial Reporting & Operations, this position will be responsible for verifying, recording and reconciling gaming revenue transactions for the casinos, reconciliation of accounts with OLG, preparing monthly working papers and supporting schedules, as well as providing necessary information and analysis to management, and auditors as required. The successful candidate will also ensure adherence to all policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members.Key Accountabilities:
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• Prepares computation of monthly GST/PST tax and remittance forms
• Prepares computation of withholding taxes (monthly for equipment and semi-monthly for Non-Resident entertainers)
• Prepares annual reconciliation and government filings for withholding taxes
• Assists with GST audits, as required
• Reconcile cash generated by slots and table games to daily revenue files and bank deposits, and verify and record gaming revenue journal entries
• Prepare monthly working papers on accounts, and ad-hoc account analysis as requested
• Prepare audit schedules and assist internal and external auditors
• Support the timely and accurate month/quarter-end close processes, and related deliverables
• Maintains prepaid schedule and prepares amortization entries
• Prepares consolidated working paper for AR, Prepaid, and AP
• Prepares internal transfers and external wires in Cash Management Online and verifies deposits as required
• Records journal entries related to corporate banking transactions and month-end accruals
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations for corporate bank accounts
• Performs other corporate treasury functions on an as-needed basis
• Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
• Builds strong working relationships with guests, employees, management and auditors
• Complies with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed
What's in it for you?
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting or finance
• Post-secondary education in accounting/finance or suitable combination of education and experience
• In-depth understanding of accounting principles, practices and procedures
• Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
• Computer literacy in MS Office and JDE or other related accounting software an asset
The only thing we don't play games with...is your career!
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your clients!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top organizations around the world
• Remote and Flexible work arrangements!
• Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
• Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
• Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
• This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
The Great Canadian Gaming Corporation committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Great Canadian Gaming!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance