Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Kitchener, ON; Ottawa, ON; Vaughan, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives as lead M&A advisor? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for a Manager (Vice President) to play a lead on M&A transactions. As part of your role you will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
• With the support of Associates and Analysts, be responsible for executing and closing mid-market, private company M&A transactions, including the preparation of confidential information memorandums, potential buyer / target lists, initiating discussions with buyers / sellers, facilitating due diligence, negotiating with buyers / sellers, and working with legal counsel to prepare definitive purchase / sale documentation.
• Quickly develop an understanding of the client business and its drivers, including analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Work with senior practitioners to proactively develop M&A ideas for clients in a variety of sectors
• Develop proactive pitch presentations on actionable M&A opportunities
• Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients
• Support Managing Directors in their relationship management responsibilities, including with current and prospective clients
• Manage, develop and mentor, Associates, Analysts, and other staffAbout the team
The Corporate Finance team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a capital raise, merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing and for the second year in a row we have been recognized by MergerMarket as the #1 Financial Advisor in both Canadian and Global M&A deal activity (measured by deal volume).We are a group of collaborative and amazing people who value client service excellence while having fun and supporting the career growth and the development of each other.Enough about us, let's talk about you #deloitteFA
You are someone with:
• Demonstrated relevant work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development, including a track-record of closing transactions
• Completion of a finance or accounting designation (CPA, MBA, CBV or CFA)
• Sound financial modeling and valuation experience
• Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Transaction and execution experience
• An ability to quarterback files on day one
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work and lead effectively in teamsOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Corporate Finance, Finance MBA, Executive, VP, Financial, Finance, Management
Management and Executive