Requisition ID: 126623
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
CONTRACTS MANAGER- 12 MONTHS CONTRACT - MATERNITY LEAVE Purpose
The Contracts Manager, Contract Management team, is responsible for drafting and negotiating recommendations, revisions, and redrafts on all approved standard form agreements and, in some instances, will be expected to negotiate directly with third parties until consensus has been reached, with escalation within the Legal Department and other control functions, as required. The Contracts Manager will act as a liaison between Scotiabank business units and third party suppliers, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of standard form contract variances.Major Accountabilities1. Contract Management and Administration Assisting business units with contractual issues by:
2. Relationship Management Establish, build, and maintain relationships with internal business and legal stakeholders and control functions by:
- Providing recommendations, revisions, and redrafts on all standard form agreements approved by the Legal Department;
- Drafting, negotiating, and overseeing service level agreements;
- Negotiating directly with third parties until consensus has been reached, with escalation within the Legal Department and other control functions, as required;
- Acting as a liaison between Scotiabank business units and third-party suppliers on specific contractual matters, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of variances;
- Maintaining contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all risk assessments, due diligence, responses to procurement documents, contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports, and other documents for all projects;
- Ensuring that signed contracts and implementation obligations are communicated to all relevant parties to provide ongoing contract visibility and awareness; and
- Ensuring contract close-out and related post-termination activities - amendments, extensions or renewals.
- Other duties as required
3. Special Projects Participate in special projects, as required.Education /Desired Competencies
- Maintaining ongoing communication and status reports on issues; and
- Directing business stakeholders to relevant internal subject matter experts and providing support, as necessary, to ensure compliance with Scotiabank policies and procedures.
- Five years of relevant experience
- Paralegal or Law Clerk certificate/diploma will be considered an asset but is not mandatory
- Exceptional communication skills (written & oral)
- Experience negotiating and drafting business/financial terms and conditions
- Excellent judgment and the ability to balance competing priorities
- Exceptional problem solving skills in order to come up with a reasoned, defensible response
- Able to work with a large volume of enquiries and prioritize accordingly
- Self-motivated and work with moderate direction
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player when required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Purchasing, Bank, Banking, Developer, Contract Manager, Finance, Technology, Legal
Sales and Marketing