EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, consulting and transaction services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY's Consulting Services is a $4+ billion global practice, with 18,000+ professionals. With an overall market of $150+ billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our Consulting team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
As a leading provider of integrated risk management and regulatory services to the banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management, energy and corporate treasure sectors, we can help you tackle the numerous challenges of risk management.
We maintain dedicated Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) consulting resources which offer a combination of qualitative, quantitative, regulatory, and technology skills along with broad industry experience. The team includes industry practitioners, many former regulators and quantitative analysts to provide specialized integrated risk measurement and risk management services to leading financial institutions throughout the world. We are looking for a Senior to join our Operational Risk, Non-Financial Risk team in either Toronto or Montreal
. The opportunity
The Operational Risk Consulting Services team assists financial services organizations with the creation, enhancement, implementation and review of operational risk frameworks.
Our cross-functional resource model includes business, financial, regulatory, and technology professionals, who seamlessly combine their skills and experience to create integrated, actionable recommendations that meet regulatory requirements, industry and management expectations, and infrastructure demands.
You'll work with colleagues, including career consultants, former industry professionals, veterans, regulators, governmental officials, intelligence analysts, and technology advisors. We're committed to providing meaningful on-the-job coaching and training to further bolster your development.
Your key responsibilities
• Contribute to the delivery of high-quality work products on client engagements. • Monitor progress and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about risks and expected outcomes on client engagement. • Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. • Demonstrate leadership skills by providing on-the-job coaching and, at times, supervising the work of more junior colleagues. • Foster an innovative and inclusive working environment. • Understand and have the ability to analyze key aspects of third party, fraud, cyber and insider threats as well as other financial crimes regulations. • Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business . Skills and attributes for success
• The ideal candidate should be adept at sharing technical knowledge across a variety of operational risk-related topics with particular emphasis on the Basel III requirements, drawn from practical experience, industry study, and a natural curiosity to constantly expand and evolve their personal skillsets To qualify for the role you must have:
• A bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2-3 years of related work experience • Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations • Effective project management and teamwork skills • A willingness to travel up to 100% to meet client needs (at this current time travel is limited) Ideally, you'll also have:
• Knowledge of and/or practical experience with financial cooperatives' • Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint • Prior consulting experience is preferred, but not required What we look for
If you're a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we're interested in you. You'll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you • About EY
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support