Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Payments is one of the core focus areas of Deloitte's Financial Services group with a significant practice in Canada. We have one of the largest, most focused and successful global payments teams in the industry - we are a recognized leader in the Payments space. Our clients span large Canadian banks, the payment networks and FinTech players - from retail, business, and wholesale banking. We advise senior executives on maximizing the business value of payments, by leveraging technology. Our end-to-end services cover the range of technology challenges, from defining technology strategy, evaluating technology architecture to measuring and supporting our clients through strategy to execution. We help clients align their business and technology strategy, achieve their business objectives and transform their payments capabilities to deliver value to their customers.
We are looking for candidates that have a strong background in retail, corporate and wholesale payments with experience in payments technology including payments architecture, interfaces to domestic and global payment rails, payments hubs, and core payment platforms. A successful candidate will also have knowledge of the broad payments landscape, ecosystem participants, domestic and global payment trends, and emerging payment technologies. What will your typical day look like?
About the team
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across stakeholders and businesses
- Manage the overall client engagement by identifying and addressing client needs and business challenges, conduct interviews and facilitate workshops, manage day-to-day interactions with clients and internal stakeholders, and developing the recommendations to address clients' business and technology challenges
- Nurture and develop trusted client relationships, and developing your reputation as a trusted advisor
- Lead aspects of the proposal development cycle; contribute to the development of proposal technical content, sales presentation, market positioning, and proposal presentations, and assisting in business development activities
- Participate in the development of market-valued intellectual capital and perspectives in the payments domain; contribute to the development of methodologies and market assets
- Develop high-performing teams by providing coaching and mentoring to junior practitioners
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with outstanding academic credentials and 6+ years of progressive and relevant consulting or industry experience
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in retail or corporate payment products, digital payments, payment technology, or leading critical payment business or technology initiatives
- Strong technology knowledge of payment systems including payments architecture, payments processing systems, payments hubs, external payment rails (e.g., ACH, EDI, Interac, SWIFT) and core platforms
- Knowledge of payments schemes across domestic (e.g., ACSS, LVTS, Interac), cards (e.g., VISA, MasterCard), and global networks (e.g., SEPA, SWIFT)
- Experience with technologies relating to blockchain, digital wallets, APIs, RPA
- Proven program management skills with the demonstrated ability to lead large and complex transformational program and initiatives, in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience providing service excellence, overseeing the quality of client deliverables and effectively managing teams and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving skills, flexibility to thrive in an ever-changing environment, and a "get it done" attitude
- Ability to storyboard, develop and present information to senior executives
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production