You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG Corporate Intelligence protects its clients by helping them better understand the backgrounds of individuals and companies with whom they are considering doing business. Corporate Intelligence performs investigative and integrity due diligence for an international client base in a wide range of industries. The team also supports a range of other business units within KPMG such as Deal Advisory, Risk Management and Assurance. What you will doThis is primarily a research role, qualitative in nature and is not accounting-focused.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
• Conducting desktop-based research using a variety of public record sources, including media, internet, litigation, commercial registries and corporate databases in a variety of countries and languages
• Sourcing public record information from subscriber and other sources, including using external third parties where necessary
• Using investigative research skills to deliver high-quality time-critical reports to clients, both internal and external
• Participating in the development of research, thought leadership and other marketing efforts on behalf of the Corporate Intelligence team
• Assisting in the preparation of proposals to clients and supporting the business What you bring to the role
• Technical Expertise: Proficiency with LexisNexis, Quicklaw, Internet search engines and other subscriber sources for public information
• Familiarity with legal and financial databases and ability to summarize financial transactions and civil litigation matters using source documents
• A comprehensive understanding of, and facility with, standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and OneNote
• Education, Experience, Skills, and Behaviors: Post-secondary education preferably specializing in criminology, political science, journalism, information studies, or otherwise relevant discipline
• 2+ years' investigative research experience in a professional services. legal or consulting firm
• Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and problem solving, self-motivation and possess an inquiring mind
• Fluency in French or Spanish would be helpfulKeys to your success:
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and summarize findings in a factual report
• Conscientious, attention to detail, project organization skills, accountability for assigned research and capable of driving projects independently
• Ability to cope with multiple conflicting client demands and to manage peaks and troughs while delivering quality service Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance