Requisition ID: 97500
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Compliance Officer and Sr. Administration Officer
You will be primarily responsible for supporting the Compliance Analyst in ensuring our processes, procedures and documentation confirm to key strategic controls ensuring Real Estate mitigates exposure to operational, financial and reputations risk. 75% of the time will be spent providing support to the Compliance Analyst, 25% of the time will be spent providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Real EstateCompliance Accountabilities:
- Develop/enhance process and control documentation for Real Estate.
- Review/address any issues associated with documentation surrounding third party risk management of the Bank's 1,500 landlords, ensuring we have performed/documented reviews of their background/reputation/confirming they are not on sanctioned lists/ensuring that we meet all key risk indicators for our landlords.
- Review/address any issues associated with documentation of our management of our 2,000 vendors providing project management, construction and design services to ensure we maintain full information on background, service quality, reputation, absence from sanctioned lists and conform with key risk indicators for our project related vendors.
- Manage Real Estate's VISTA application, which maintains information on all non-landlord and non-project related vendors.
- Liaise with the compliance units of the Bank: Global Anti-Money Laundering Unit, Operational Risk, Third Party Risk Management, Global Sanctions Office, Global Compliance Enterprise Program and GC Enterprise Programs & International Banking.
What we're looking for?
- Provide expert analytical and administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Real Estate by proactively managing his calendar, coordinating meetings, and preparing expense claims, ensuring they confirm to Bank policy.
- Working with the Senior Manager, Administration and Special Projects, plan and organize meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology and all other meeting logistics. This includes developing and gathering content for a range of Executive level PowerPoint decks for Director's meetings and Real Estate Town Halls. These presentations often contain complex information extracted from various sources.
- Gather relevant information from multiple sources and manipulate data across Word, PowerPoint & Excel files.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion with sensitive information.
- Post-Secondary Education completed in Business or related.
- Experience with Third Party Risk Management
- Business experience with a broad knowledge of the real estate industry, leasing and costs associated with real estate is an asset, not required.
- Highly developed quantitative analytic skills, as well as critical thinking ability;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Self-initiative, resourcefulness and energy;
- Strong experience in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to liaise on an executive level
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to be proactive by proposing progressive strategies to create efficiencies in helping manage the work
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent judgement, tact and discretion with confidential or sensitive materials and situations
- Good numerate ability, accuracy a must
This position is located in downtown, Toronto. This position is a one year contract.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Bank, Banking, Developer, Claims, Legal, Finance, Technology, Insurance
Banking, Finance and Insurance