100 King Street West
The Compensation Relationship Manager will be supporting the Wealth Management business. You would provide compensation expert advice and counsel to execute BMO's strategy and support the group's strategy. This is a hybrid role with the expectation of you coming to the office twice a week.
Provides compensation expert advice and counsel through a variety of business/group and leadership engagements to execute BMO's strategy and support the business/group strategy. Supports/defines the strategic direction, governance design, program design and execution of compensation programs at BMO. Understands and aligns to regulatory requirements in applicable jurisdictions. Completes specific strategic & operational work to deliver program objectives and/or minimize risk.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies internal and/or external emerging issues, trends and needs to inform business strategies & decisions.
- Provides design requirements to help define and advance compensation strategy. Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Provides input to the development of the program strategy and contributes to and continually improves principles, process and tools.
- Manages relationships with outside service providers for programs and ensure all required activities are completed.
- Provides advanced analytical and other project support in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of policies and programs.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Develops compensation programs/solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides input into the planning & implementation of operational programs.
- Supports the design, development and implementation of multi-year strategy for compensation that improves employee productivity, engagement and advocacy in alignment with BMO's overall business strategy.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations. Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports regulatory requests, including regulatory reporting, to ensure BMO meets regulatory requirements in applicable jurisdictions.
- Participates in / coordinates industry benchmarking processes that allow for better understanding of BMO's program in relation to comparators.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of compensation theory and program design methodology.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.