Permanent Primary Location:
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.Are you a creative communicator who thrives in a high paced environment? Think you've got what it takes to translate technology information into something people not only understand but also get excited about? Join the Information Technology Services at Deloitte at a time when all eyes are on us as we merge into a hybrid way of working! What will your typical day look like?
No two days are the same as the Communications Manager in ITS. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing strategic messaging to support the overall brand and key project/program initiatives
- Consulting with stakeholders, build communication strategies, plans and success criteria
- Executing communication initiatives from concept to execution
- Leading the creation of communication materials based on best practice, utilizing multiple channels and mediums (i.e. digital media, presentations, live events, newsletters, focus groups, surveys, video, corporate social media etc.)
- Identifying specific or unique communication delivery channels needed for client groups and championing communication solutions
- Bringing creativity to all communications to drive technology adoption and increase brand awareness
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of communication tactics, apply learning to processes and adjust approaches to demonstrate return on communication investment
Your audiences? The thousands of practitioners across Deloitte who depend on the tools and support provided by ITS, the hundreds of ITS professionals spread across Canada, Chile, and India who stay connected through effective communications, and various other stakeholders on the national and global scale. About the team
Do you enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Deloitte, Information Technology Services is the place for you. Our team values diversity in not only the composition of the team but also in thought. We like to work hard but also have fun. The team is highly supportive of one another and we believe that each person has a role to play on the team. In this role you will have direct interaction and influence with all the senior leaders of the IT organization. You will be writing for and providing communications advice to the senior leaders, including the CIO.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French. Spanish is an asset.
- Communications, Journalism, Public Relations (Bachelors/Masters) degree or a similar discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience focusing on strategic communications, including 5 years in an information technology environment.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing creative and effective external and internal communications programs that reach diverse audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proofreading.
- Strong organization, planning skills with the ability to manage multiple and changing deadlines and priorities (i.e. last minute requests) with solid project management skills.
- Strong ability to adapt writing styles for various purposes for different media requirements and different audiences.
- High level of creativity for communications, public relations and marketing strategies.
- Strategic thinking combined with an excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Office 365 tools.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production