Overview Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements Site:
Full Time Hours:
Rotational 0700-1900/1900-0700Pay Rate:
$19.00/hour ($17.50 during probation)Site Description:
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology was established in 1967 and was named after the First Nations people who lived in the area. Algonquin was formed from the merger of the Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology, established 1957, and the Ontario Vocational Centre, established 1965. The College celebrates 45 years as a leader in post-secondary education, and has undergone significant growth since its establishment and continues to grow today. Algonquin serves over 56,000 students in more than 180 full time and continuing education programs.Job Description:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Patrol assigned area on foot, on a bicycle, or in a motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Ensure students, staff and visitors adhere to Algonquin College policy, directives, and regulations
- Monitor activities and respond to incidents such as criminal activity, security breaches, assaults, sexual assaults, harassments, thefts, mischief, public order, noise complaints, safety hazards, etc.
- Assist with investigations by gathering information, photo and video documentation, and complete a comprehensive written incident report
- Respond and liaise with emergency responders when attending to emergency situations such as fire, evacuations, bomb threats and critical violent acts and lockdown
- Respond and liaise with emergency medical services for major and minor medical emergencies
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing directions on college campus
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Remain calm and effectively perform during emergencies.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper written records
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, college regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (days/nights/weekends/holidays).
- Minimum of a Police Foundations Diploma
- Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements and MUST be able to obtain a Security Guard License in Ontario.
- Must have a G License
- Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C with AED training would be considered a definite asset
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
- Previous campus and other related security experience would be considered a definite asset
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites: Immunization RecordProof of valid COVID-19 vaccination (site requirement)A Valid Ontario Security Guard LicenseA Valid G Ontario Driver's LicenseProficient in English (both oral and written) Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin is mandatory prior to placement: Management of Aggressive BehaviorUse of ForceReport WritingAdditional courses as assigned Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses: Customer ServicePatrol ProceduresDiversity Awareness Finding the OHS ManualPaladin OHS OrientationDealing with People with Mental IllnessWorkplace RespectSlips, Trips, and FallsAdditional courses as assigned
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Education Requirements (Any) Minimum of a Police Foundations Diploma Certification Requirements (All) Standard First Aid, CPR Level C Valid Ontario Security License Valid G Drivers License Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
Law Enforcement and Security