100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Cloud Solution Architect position with extensive experience with AWS cloud services. This role will support BMO Capital Markets cloud roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next-generation technologies. The role will collaborate with Capital Markets development teams, Engineering, Enterprise Architecture and other stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects.
Your skills are broad - designing, documenting and implementing cloud and application patterns, participate in the review of patterns with other stakeholders, working with cloud engineering team members and stakeholders to codify best-practices and advising business technology teams on the use of cloud patterns to develop application solution designs. You will lead architecture, design, and development of end to end Cloud-based solutions with a heavy focus on application and data and a good understanding of infrastructure.
You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple projects and priorities. You are passionate about driving the DevOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward "Infrastructure-as-Code" and "Infrastructure-as-a-Service". Your Responsibilities:
Required Core Skills:
- Architect and implement cloud solutions for various Capital Markets application architectures, and programmatic integration of cloud applications, data services, and infrastructure.
- Develop application data architecture models to further enable effective service-oriented delivery
- Review application solution designs for cloud-fit and optimality and automate deployment patterns for reusability.
- Drive holistic design & patterns for secure, performant and agile cloud application environments relevant to Capital Markets use cases
- Collaborate with other architects, operational/infrastructure and delivery teams to ensure new services align with application & infrastructure roadmaps
- Consult and provide technical guidance to Capital Markets technology teams to refactor their application for the cloud using the 12-factor development practices for cloud-native and microservices oriented application deployment.
- Partner with other stakeholders to drive the creation of Cloud migration & transformation strategy and infrastructure roadmaps across application, information, business and technology landscapes
- Establish pilots and POCs for new cloud innovations
- Satisfy BMO's architecture practices and process requirements
We're here to help
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, cloud native architecture and principles, cloud operations and cloud security models, relevant to high volume, high velocity, mission critical trading systems
- Demonstrated hands-on experiencing in designing and configuring secure and scalable cloud platforms patterns on AWS
- In-Depth knowledge of cloud services: Application integration, functions, Cloud Databases, data warehouse and analytics, Machine Learning, Developer Tools, Security and identity management
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing high volume, high availability cloud applications with a very high degree of automation
- Demonstrated ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context
- Proven ability to maintain both a strategic long-term outlook and enterprise perspective, while also supporting tangible, business-driven and IT-delivered solutions.
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-driven company.
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, capable of leading less experienced architects
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.