YSC - 2 Sheppard Avenue East
Job Family Group:
Creates a visionary IT architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align business needs with technologies. Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture. Defines and documents efficient and transparent architectural principles, standards, and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data, and technology within the Bank. Partners with broader internal stakeholders to define architectural possibilities and futures. Works with business and development teams to recommend processes or system design enhancements. Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated. Provides immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate applicable recovery, and ensure resolution.
- Participate in creating cloud strategy for payment products
- Provide guidance on moving from traditional on-premises server application development and deployment to serverless and AWS cloud base solutions
- Working closely with info security to address cloud security concerns
- Good understanding of payment products
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Works with internal stakeholders to provide architectural recommendations and guidance and departmental presentations.
- Leads and facilitates the design of technology projects and applications.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Reviews technical work.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids to accelerate delivery.
- Creates and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate negative enterprise technology and budget impacts.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits, and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs proofs of concept / prototypes, and recommends the applications of such technologies for future product architecture.
- Provides input into the preparation of business case.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization (e.g. sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks).
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities, and individual learning.
- Provides architectural expertise and domain knowledge to advise and guide senior leaders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Implementing proof of concept solutions using python, node js, CDK, CloudFormation.
- Working experience in containers and container orchestration (K8s)
- Very good understanding of different data storage options on cloud based on various use cases.
- Solid knowledge of Cloud Identity and Access Management and its implementation with application design.
- Solid understanding of cloud and data security practices and their implementation details for platform as well as app deployments.
- Good Knowledge and solid experience designing and fundamentally demonstrating cloud network infrastructure components including: Direct Connect/Express Route, cloud Ingress and egress, VPC, Routing, Transit Gateways, virtual hubs, private links, Route 53, CloudFront, ALB, subnets, SaaS Integration etc.
- Good Expérience with CI/CD technologies and their implementations -AWS Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Bit bucket
- Designing application for serverless, container, Data and AI workloads
- Experience working with Data scientist and ML researches and developing data pipelines or development and deployment of models
- Awareness around the eco system and services available on cloud and propose their usage in projects based on cost, security and other factors
- Experience developing HA and DR based solution designs for cloud
- Have a problem solving and go -getter attitude to complete tasks
- Hands on experience in using python and node js for POC demonstrations
- Very good understanding of multi clouds like AWS, Azure and recommending cloud platform based on use cases
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate technical discussions in business language to collaborators and Users of cloud platform
- Certifications: Certified Solutions Architect, Certified DevOps Engineer, Certified Solutions Architect Professional
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.