250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Supports and maintains an effective governance and compliance posture for the Cloud Services team. Define the ways and methods governance is implemented, managed, monitored and strengthened in Cloud Engineering Team. The governance framework includes policies/guidelines and provides programs/processes/practices and measures to promote transparency, accuracy, consistency across groups. The framework components working well together allow for a holistic view for stakeholders into the issues, opportunities and status of the business and enables them to determine if it is a satisfactorily functioning, safe and sound business.
- Leads or assists in the execution of oversight/governance and compliance activities for the Cloud Engineering team.
- Makes recommendations on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a trusted advisor on governance matters.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Develops the plan to maintain the desired compliance posture by identifying needs, analyzing potential options/solution, developing the plan and work with the extended team to execute and get to job complete.
- Define Standard Operating Procedures to maintain compliance posture as it relates to governance and compliance standards.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops plans and roadmap for execution.
- Leads and integrates the execution of oversight/governance activities and is primary contact across multiple teams.
- Makes risk management recommendations to leaders based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Represents the governance structure during internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations..
- Measures the strength and effectiveness of governance system and framework.
- Monitors and tracks governance and compliance performance, and addresses any issues.
- Develops and calibrates reports on the status of the governance program or framework components to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Leads and integrates the execution of oversight/governance activities from multiple teams.
- Develops, evolves and maintains the governance system and framework.
- Researches existing or emerging requirements & related best practices to assist and develops recommendations for changes/enhancements. Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Leads, integrates and coordinates the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the governance program to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Coordinates and participates in the execution of oversight/governance activities - may include (but are not limited to) reporting, assessment of education & training needs, development/delivery of training, development and execution of regulatory administration processes & procedures, management of review/updates to policies, etc.
- Assists with the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the governance program to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Supports the development, evolution and maintenance of the governance system and framework. Activities may include supporting policy/standard/operating procedures lifecycle management, education and training assessment, development & delivery, coordination of attestation programs, reporting, etc.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives and guidance.
- Supports the management of governance meetings (e.g. committee, management, board meetings, etc.) as required. Facilitates development and approval of agendas, gathering and distribution of documentation related to agendas, and creation of meeting minutes/output.
- Assists in the identification, classification and addressing of issues.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
- Working knowledge of AWS SecurityHub, Azure Defender, WIZ, ServiceNow (specifically related to management of Cloud Assets in the CMDB), Qualys, PowerBI.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.