Description What to expect as the Cloud Operations Engineer at Elastic Path?
As a part of the team, you will be a key to the success of our software as a member of our professional services team. Your focus will be on configuring and automating cloud infrastructure and supporting efficient continuous integration and deployment pipelines using configuration management tools and infrastructure-as-code. You will channel all your learnings to contribute to our Elastic Path CloudOps product, which encompasses our best practices and allows our customers to create cloud native Elastic Path solutions. Location:
We are looking for a candidate to be located within Canada or the United States, with a preference for those located in time zones - CT/ET/AT. This position will be remote from wherever you are located. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model. Key Responsibilities:
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Collaborate in a team environment that emphasizes learning and personal improvement
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in Professional Services on Ecommerce projects
- Provision infrastructure using the Elastic Path CloudOps product
- Extend and enhance the CloudOps product to meet custom cloud infrastructure requirements
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines and automate test infrastructure for our clients and partners
- Assist and advise partners and clients who are using CloudOps or other DevOps technologies to implement deployment and pipeline solutions
- Switch between teams to assist with cloud infrastructure changes
- Conduct peer reviews on "infrastructure-as-code" and CI/CD pipelines
- Suggest cost-control strategies for cloud solutions
- Capture the client and partner feedback on Elastic Path CloudOps to help drive product improvements
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offerings .
Bonus Points for:
- Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or similar, with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in software development, build and release cycles and an understanding of DevOps practices
- 1+ years' experience configuring or automating cloud infrastructure-as-a-service deployments. Example technologies include AWS EC2, ECS, RDS, ELB, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, Route 53 and Lambda
- 1+ years' experience with Docker containers and Docker orchestration tools
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD build tools
- Experience with Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Experience in supporting multiple concurrent projects
- You are open to travel, though minimal travel is expected
Who we are:
- Fluency with Java development and Java build tools (Ex. Maven, Gradle, Ant)
- Familiarity with Java EE or enterprise web application technical architecture
- Operational monitoring and investigative tools (Ex. New Relic, CloudWatch, Splunk)
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Customer Service and Support