4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Cloud Operations position with operational experience with AWS and Azure cloud services. This role will assist in implementing and supporting cloud solutions on MS Azure and Amazon AWS.
Your skills are broad - Implementing and Supporting cloud solutions for various application architectures and scripting of cloud applications, databases and other data services and infrastructure. You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple projects and priorities. You are passionate about driving the DevOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward "Infrastructure-as-Code" and "Infrastructure-as-a-Service". You are actively looking to improve the solutions you implement, understand the efficacy of collaboration and reaching out across functional borders and are keen to work in a team of CI/CD and Infrastructure specialists.
The qualified applicant will be part of the team supporting the BMO Public Cloud implementation. The role will focus on supporting the banks Public Cloud capability and an orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services. As a member of this team, you should possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.Responsibilities:
Required Core Skills:
- Provide L2 Second Level Support for IaaS Services deployed in BMO's public cloud platform (AWS and AZURE Servers)
- Responsible for Vulnerability Management to ensure all IaaS OS Vulnerabilities are remediated to meet BMO Compliance Standards
- Responsible for implementing AWS Cloud-Watch Monitoring for all IaaS Workloads in AWS
- Manage and effectively respond to incidents and problems: monitor, investigate and remediation
- Perform operational monitoring and maintenance for cloud deployed hosts and applications
- Implement changes on Cloud IaaS deployed systems
- Collaborating and interfacing with Cloud Engineering and other technical partners for major incidences on the cloud
- Work collaboratively with the Cloud Orchestration Team to transition IaaS Projects from Cloud Engineering to Cloud Operations for Support
- Continue to drive innovation and development into new solutions to optimize Cloud Operations processes and tasks
- Participate in the assessment of advanced and new cloud application and infrastructure services and assist in their integration to the enterprise public cloud service offering and application migration.
- Coordinate with Cloud Engineering Enterprise teams to identify and develop Cloud Management tools and practices and automate cloud operations and compliance tasks.
- Strong understanding of cloud native operations, technologies, principles and Infrastructure as a code.
- Strong Windows or/and Linux Server Systems Administration
- Experience with programming skills with experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Node.js, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages would be advantageous.
- Experience with implementing and using of CI/CD Systems.
- Experience in cloud automation using Ansible, AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Cloud formation, terraform, ARM.
- Hands-on experience with system configuration and DevOps tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud resources across IaaS and PaaS.
We're here to help
- Strong Interpersonal, communication and leadership Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research, analytics and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and nights) as needed.
- A strong team player
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.