Requisition ID: 108436
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
Global Technology Services (GTS) Architecture ensures that systems and infrastructure patterns, principals, frameworks, and standards are designed and implemented to support Scotiabank's business requirements. We support short- and medium-term business and technology initiatives, but also focuses on the Bank's 3- to 5-year technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next generation technologies. We collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering, other GTS teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects. The team promotes global technology consistency and a set of fully aligned technical strategies, roadmaps, and designs.
Is this role right for you?
• You get to lead discussions with Scotiabank's applications solution architects and security team to define cloud infrastructure strategies.
• You will participate in technology Architecture Review Boards (ARBs) to review & recommend proposed solutions.
• You will lead technical documentation and information analysis for complex solutions, work with GTS teams to propose the necessary infrastructure design and security standards and/or propose enhancement to existing architecture designs.
• You embrace the tasks to Identify and Analyze Infrastructure architecture gaps to propose new technologies required. Establish pilots and POVs for proposed solutions and make recommendations to the decision-making architecture review boards for approvals.
• You will work with the GTS Architectural Governance team to capture and document standards, infrastructure patterns, principals, and frameworks in a consistent and clear format. While ensuring quality, accuracy, and currency of the standards within the reference library are aligned with Business and GTS needs.
• You get to engage with existing and new vendors to review solutions for operational challenges and evaluate new products to adapt in GTS products roadmaps. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• You have at least 2+ years of hands-on infrastructure working experience with micro-services design and implementation using Kubernetes.
• You have at least 3+ years of progressive technical working experience in Cloud Infrastructure Architecture.
• You have at least 1+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Public Cloud support.
• You can lead and contribute to highly complex initiatives that require an in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
• You have excellent working knowledge in cloud IP networking infrastructure concepts (e.g. firewalls, load balancers, web caches, DNS, network routers)
• You possess very good communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English to effectively interact with all levels of management & audiences, business and/or technical. The same in Spanish is a definite asset. What's in it for you?
• We are technology partners who help the business transform, adapt new technologies.
• You will have access to leading edge technology documentations and vendor learning materials so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones.
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
• While we currently work remotely from home, when we can physically return to work, the primary work location of this position can be in Toronto's King St. West/Bathurst St. neighbourhood or in the Dundas Street West/Highway 427 neighbourhood, with the ability to travel to the downtown Toronto core & between the 2 work sites. Regardless of work location, you will be working with colleagues and constituents across the Scotiabank footprint. Collaboration technologies, such as Microsoft Teams, will be at your disposal to connect with Scotiabankers around the globe. There may be occasional travel required to Scotiabank IT centres outside of Canada (Mexico, Peru, Chile and Colombia).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Cloud, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Finance