Requisition ID: 97091
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broad enterprise use. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Key accountabilities include development and maintenance of cloud platforms, services and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of cloud common functionality.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are required.
- Technical ownership/leadership of a component of a larger product.
- Designing, implementing and refactoring code (typically Java or Python, also C++ and NodeJS).
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability, security and compliance requirements.
- Working with other engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide peer review on a daily basis.
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Strong development experience, delivery history and breadth of language experience, good coding practices (Java Spring Boot, Python, C++ and NodeJS).
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle and release process (environments, code repositories, Bitbucket, CI/CD).
- Expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities (Google GCP, Microsoft Azure, GKE).
- Ability to work on ambiguous problem of moderate complexity
- Experience in product development
- Self-sufficient, works under the supervision of a more senior engineer
- Strong technical communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Writing and maintaining related technical documentation.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and/or security considerations, cryptography is a plus
- Focus on scalable, enterprise-level software system design (both on code and infrastructure levels)
- Experience working with relational databases
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team, demonstrate kindness and respect for others
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems
What's in it for you?
- Experience within Canadian financial institutions a benefit
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Cloud, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Engineering