At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity
KPMG is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Engineer to drive high priority initiatives on Microsoft Azure platform. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding challenges related to application modernization and provide cloud native architecture and design solutions that are secure, reliable, scalable, and highly available. This role would also assist the current Audit application team with applications deployments and give recommendations on how to move from IaaS to PaaS services. To be successful in this role you should have considerable experience architecting and implementing solution designs predominantly using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) on Azure, understand and be a practitioner of DevOps, be an excellent communicator, and have a get the job done attitude and mindset. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Responsible for architecting and administering next-generation, cloud-native products, and applications
- Collaborate with global architects, Canadian Architecture, Operations and Security teams to design, deploy and maintain cloud solutions for KPMG Canada.
- Collaborating with internal KPMG ITS Audit support team as well as KPMG global audit team to implement, support, manage, administer KPMG audit suite of applications. Provide guidance and input into the application from an infrastructure perspective to leverage cloud native services
- Collaborate with technical teams on defining cloud architecture standards and best practices, providing consistent recommendations and oversight to team members
- Understand KPMG's digital strategy, cloud platform capabilities, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term Cloud adoption within the firm to enable them to be Cloud advocates
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix, and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
Keys to your success
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related STEM field or work experience
- 3+ years of architecting and administration of Cloud native solutions focusing on Azure IaaS and PaaS services
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert and\\or Microsoft Azure Administrator preferred but not required
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company an asset
- Development experience, experience with DevOps/Agile, scripting & application architecture
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as Code
- Hands-on experience in designing, configuring, and administrating secure and scalable Cloud platforms on Microsoft Azure, including account structure, security and compliance audit, connectivity, shared services etc.
- Implementation and Maintenance knowledge of Azure PaaS components Databricks, Data factory, Synapse, Azure SQL, AI\\ML, advance analytics, and Kubernetes Services
- Knowledge of Cloud services: application integration, functions, databases, data warehouse and analytics, serverless computing, machine learning, developer tools, security, and identity management
- Knowledge of and experience in API and Webhook development using PowerShell, Python, Node.js, Ruby, and Shell Scripting languages
- Knowledge of CI/CD Systems, such as Azure DevOps and Github services
- Experience in Cloud automation using, Azure CLI, ARM & Terraform to enable Infrastructure as a Code, AWS CLI, Cloud formation, Ansible, etc.
- Fundamental understanding and experience with DevOps tools and services (Azure DevOps and Github)
- Experience and knowledge of Operating Systems including Windows and Linux
- Proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment
- Confidence and ability to lead discussions with clear goals, deliverables, documented agreements and follow up actions
- Significant experience working in Azure
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here .
This is a remote/hybrid position. #li-remote Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.