250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Develops and implements IT infrastructure & platform strategies for BMO. Develops strategic technology based on technical and business needs to support anticipated business strategies and organizational growth. Designs, builds / installs, tests, maintains, monitors and upgrades infrastructure such as computing platforms, servers and networks. Understands current and future technical platform hardware, operating system, security, and system services layers. Ensures reliable and secure computing and communications capabilities to run the business software while enabling the lowest operational cost/highest availability options. Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments. Implements disaster recovery procedures and troubleshoots any network and connectivity issues in a timely manner, with minimal disruption to normal functioning. Works with stakeholders and recommends infrastructure solutions based on engineering requirements. Ensures that systems and infrastructure align with business value and are technically sound and well-integrated. Responds immediately to critical connectivity and access issues by evaluating solutions, coordinating recovery and ensuring resolution. On call and/or shift duty may be required.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for customer facing applications, systems and environments and recommends changes/enhancements for improving performance and reliability and promoting a seamless customer experience.
- Facilitates technical issue resolution across technical areas; includes hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Leads/Conducts detailed design reviews in a constructive manner.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements and maintains computer/network systems developed internally and/or in conjunction with outside vendor.
- Designs/engineers system-operating capacity (such as bandwidth, disk space, storage, and CPU utilization) to ensure high availability and performance of end-user applications and systems.
- Ensures that infrastructure solutions are scalable, flexible, and supportable, are fully monitored and are as standardized and automated as possible.
- Works across teams to ensure IT system, network upgrades and service pack deployments are implemented with minimal impact to production operation.
- Accountable for overall system/technology performance; monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs and other quality metrics are being met.
- Identifies and defines new process and/or system improvement opportunities.
- Evaluates and recommends emerging technologies to influence the design process.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant IT infrastructure & platform knowledge in one or more of the following Engineering domains: networking, distributed/server, storage, mainframe, workplace technology and unified communications.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with technology/solution design and configuration, capacity management, hardware fault diagnosis, impact of design decisions to infrastructure components, functional / technical behaviour of middleware and data layers, virtualization, service design, Dev Ops and deployment environments and packaging and distribution of the application.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.