YSC - 2 Sheppard Avenue East
Job Family Group:
Plans, prioritizes and delivers solutions that represent the best value technology spend while observing technology governance within prescribed limits. Manages and maintains the ongoing solutions delivered to the designated business/group. Acts as a platform or application owner. Manages the end-to-end development process to ensure that the right solutions are delivered and addresses any operational concerns once in production. Delivers on time and one budget and adheres to required standards.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Provides internal stakeholders with an effective primary point of contact and ownership for planning, delivery and management of technology solutions.
- Ensures ongoing viability of technology platform assets.
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations by communicating complex technical strategies and design to senior leaders.
- Provides informed and considered recommendations & solutions to complex technical issues to improve productivity and profitability of technology platform assets.
- Recommends and approves changes to systems, procedures, products and people to meet plans, achieve goals, and maximize scorecard.
- Defines and documents application architecture & other system documentation to ensure adherence to standards and alignment to the technical strategies.
- Participates in the development of business/group strategic plans to enable annual results as well as results over a longer timeframe.
- Collaborates to identify high value technology requirements and solution opportunities.
- Negotiates technology priorities; develops and maintains a financially sound integrated investment plan.
- Assesses value of potential work and understands all work included in the annual plan.
- Prioritizes and coordinates development team activities for multiple initiatives of varying complexity in order to meet client demands while maintaining defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and technical stewardship over platform applications.
- Determines overall plans and priorities.
- Ensures optimal decision-making between internal stakeholders, including between the business/group and Technology senior leaders.
- Evaluates external vendor offerings and selects cost-effective service providers who will deliver.
We're here to help
- Typically 10 years of work experience in data related functions, data warehousing, data lake and AWS cloud data consumption
- BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS related projects using AWS stack
- Experience with AWS Glue, SageMaker, QuickSight
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Node.js
- Experience with data consumption solutions after migration on cloud and cloud analytics tools and facilities
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
- Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.