What is the opportunity? This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team supporting a stable but growing business at a major North American Bank. Working within the QTS (Quantitative Technology Services) organization this candidate will join an existing hands on RTB (Run The Bank) production support team. This role is within CBDT (Client Banking and Digital Technology) group with staff located in Toronto, New York, London and India. The overall group is responsible for:
What will you do?
- Supporting various applications in the Client Technology portfolio including but not limited to:
- Client First (Client 360 integrated application)
- Client Revenue Reporting Portal (Qlikview and Qliksense)
- Client Relationship Management Platform (SalesForce with Tier1 customizations)
- Palantir data analytics platform
- iPreo, Dealogic and other conference, event and syndicate book building platforms
- Build tooling to automate monitoring, deployment and our capability to employ DevOps and CI/CD capabilities
- Offering technical expertise and support across the entire portfolio of applications
- Managing requests to implement normal/emergency changes, releases and capacity planning.
- Coordinate disaster recovery, planning and execution. Update internal config management and risk systems.
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Provide user facing front office production support for local and remote users leveraging multiple platforms.
- Manage releases and coordinate bugs/enhancement with internal development and external vendors
- Work closely and integrate with the CTB (Change The Bank) team to engage in collaborative agile based development
- Engage with various technical partners and stakeholders to achieve stability in the production environment.
- Leverage your strong written and verbal presentation skills including creating of documentation in Confluence runbooks
- Responsibilities include rotational weekend release work + checks
Nice to Have
- 3+ years working in a production support capacity at a Capital Markets organization
- Confidence and capability to quickly learn a new portfolio of applications, become an SME and train demanding users
- Proven experience with the principles of ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Experience with RHEL Unix / Linux / Windows environments and basic scripting (Bash, Python, Powershell, batch)
- Experience with MS SQL / Sybase or other equivalent relational database. Ability to write on the fly DB statements
- Disciplined approach to document all processes, issues and user stories in Confluence and Jira
- Strong analytical/critical thinking with the implied ability to continuously multitask and manage priorities
What's in it for you? We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Experience with BMC Control M preferred, Autosys, Tidal or other batch scheduling platforms acceptable
- Proven history building proactive application monitoring across all environments via ITRS Geneos, AppDynamics, Dynatrace)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation (Github, Nexus, RLM, Ansible, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Jenkins and more)
- Hands on exposure to: MemSQL, Ignite, Java Spring, AWS, S3, MongoDB, Datalake, Docker, Kubernetes and more
- BS/BA with an in depth understanding of Capital Markets which includes all aspects of sales lifecycle
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team at a world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work, take on progressively greater accountabilities and build close relationships with key stakeholders
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies via internal mobility
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City: Toronto
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/28/2021
Req ID: 367376 Posting Notes: