WSP is currently seeking a Civil Inspector to join our power team located at our Thornhill or one of our offices at Toronto area. Reporting to the construction audit and inspection manager. This position will be responsible to provide construction auditing support for various projects consisting of underground, overhead lines and stations for power distribution systems. This role requires the ability to support multiple projects among offices and to prioritize work assignments.
Why choose WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of inclusion and belonging
• Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
• Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
• Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
• A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
What you can expect to do here:
- Perform and responsible for the overall construction and installation coordination, monitoring, and 3 rd party auditing for OHL and UG distribution asset (lines, underground cables/vaults, and distribution stations, in both utility-owned and customer-owned contexts),
- Review the relevant documents prior to start of construction, monitoring and verify construction including Quality Assurance, physical progress and make recommendations.
- Perform site inspection and QA to build civil works for all type of hydro distribution system, road and side walk permanent restoration, perform daily site auditing and monitor work completed in the field, and verify it with design package on the behalf of Utility
- Auditing on Projects regarding the safety and quality of the contractor's construction
- Monitoring requirements before, during & after construction to ensure that the project is completed in accordance with the contract, and any correlation findings between QC and QA and pay factor calculations
- Issued Non-Conformance Record (NCR) and notify the Contractor of any deficiencies in the construction of the work including SAFETY, QUALITY and remained works, instructing the Contractor to take appropriate corrective measures, confirm and report the results of the corrective measure.
- Checked invoices, change orders, billings, design changes, As-built and make the closeout final reports
- Coordination with other utilities and stakeholders if needed.
- Oversee the material test for ongoing construction activities for conformance to project drawings, specifications, building codes, time schedules, budget levels and other applicable regulations.
- Conduct and complete a postconstruction survey and final walk down along with contractor, preparing close out package, lesson learned, deficiency list and provide recommendations for substantial performance, total completion and warranty holdback release.
- Experienced performing QA/site inspection for the new road construction; road resurfacing and rehabilitation.
- Demonstrated over 3-5 years of dedicated experience in inspecting industrial, utility and infrastructure projects.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Certified technician or Engineering Degree
- Completion of IHSA Training to work on Toronto Hydro Plant and having training of Confined Space considered asset.
- Knowledge about THESL distribution standards and working experiences with Toronto Hydro project is asset.
- Familiar working knowledge with occupational health & safety act (OHSA), construction standards and specifications in Ontario and City of Toronto (OPS, MCR) and experienced working with ACI & AISC codes is an asset.
- Knowledge to witness and oversee conducting appropriate material testing and compaction on various materials such as aggregates; concrete, and pipe bedding
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians