Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements To:
All Security PersonnelFrom:
April 7, 2021Closing Date:
April 14, 2021Re:
City of Brampton (BRAMALEA TERMINAL) - Security Guard City:
Temp Full TimeHours:
Monday - Friday 06:00-14:00hrs.Pay Rate:
$16.32/hr. Site Description:
City of Brampton is a diverse, cosmopolitan, and vibrant place to be. From a population of 523,911 in 2011, Brampton is now Canada's second fastest growing and 9 th largest city. Located immediately north of Lester B. Pearson International Airport. Job Description:
- Responding to and reporting all incidents of criminal activity, suspicious activity and hazardous situations.
- Unlocking and locking doors
- Providing access control
- Providing uniform security presence and completing proactive patrols of the terminal stops and platforms
- Completing proactive patrols for terminal lobbies and customer service areas
- Deterring and enforcing prohibited acts such as loitering, panhandling, smoking, alcohol use, skateboarding, and cycling on platforms and driveways
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the city.
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Enthusiastically conducts proactive patrols, and be able to address policy breeches, and note facility concerns.
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons
- Ability to de-escalate a crisis, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Logging in/out of Key, Radio and pager audits
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquiries
- Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all departments
- Ability to provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Respond to all types of occurrences.
- Patrol interior and exterior,
- Minimum One (1) year Security Guard experience in a municipal government or corporate environment would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field would be an asset.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills + Customer Service Skills
- Must possess a valid Security License for the Province of Ontario
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Physical Demands; excessive walking, standing, exposed to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills required. Bilingual and Multilingual applicants preferred.
- Must participate in professional development and on-site leveling system requirements
- Previous experience or training within a loss prevention/security field preferred
- Must complete all required site training within 30 day of on-site hire date
- Additional job-related task and duties as assigned
- Successful completion of CPO certification within first 6 months (training material and course cost covered by Paladin)
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- First Aid & CPR - Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
- Additional courses as assigned
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at
- Visit www.paladinsecurity.com
- Click on Employee Portal
- Enter username and password
- Click on career opportunities
- Click on Ontario, then Toronto
- Select the job posting
- Register and apply
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security