Overview Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements Position
: Mobile Patrol Guard Site
: City of BramptonCity
: Casual (flexble availability) Hours
: Continental Days and Nights (12 hour shifts)Pay Rate:
$20.00 / an hourEssential Job Functions:
- Being alert and observant while being outside, standing or walking for an extended period in all weather conditions (Rain, Snow, Excessive Heat & Cold...etc.)
- always Maintain communications with fellow Security Guard/dispatchers, Cliental and Paladin Managerial Staff.
- Ensures all site staff adhere to all Paladin Security policies and procedures
- Ensures proper documentation is passed onto the Shift Leads/Dispatchers, client and Paladin leadership team
- Completing mobile patrols diligently
- Documents and investigates security incidents and complaints
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Supervisor/Client Service Manager or the client
- Ensuring any deficiencies with the vehicle are reported to Paladin leadership team
- Ability to work alone and be self-motivated
- Always Maintain the highest standard of security, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
- Represent Paladin Security, The City of Brampton and their respected customers in such a way as to enhance the quality, image and reputation of City of Brampton
- Perform security duties in accordance with established procedures. Ensure they are being conducted within the limitations of any federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Be observant and record all discrepancies, deficiencies and safety hazards/ concerns noted during patrols and take corrective action either informing the applicable department or handling it personally, whenever possible.
- Be courteous, and helpful in enforcing all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform duties and tasks assigned by the Security Leadership team and respond to the directions of the client; City of Brampton.
- Respond immediately to any emergency and co-ordinate response accordingly based off established procedures.
- Must possess a valid G Class
license with a minimum driving experience of 3 years
- Previous security experience is an asset, mimimum 3 years of security or related experience
- Post Secondary education in a Law Enforcement/Security program from a recognized college
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Mental Health Act
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy
- Must provide drivers abstract
. No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
-All successful applicants must undergo a vulnerable sector checkAt the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites: Immunization RecordA Valid Ontario Security Guard LicenseProficient in English (both oral and written) Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement: First Aid & CPR - Level CManagement of Aggressive BehaviorUse of ForceReport WritingAdditional courses as assigned
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses: Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer ServiceSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Patrol ProceduresSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Diversity AwarenessSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS ManualSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS OrientationSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental IllnessSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Workplace RespectSuccessful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and FallsAdditional courses as assigned
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps: Visit www.paladinsecurity.comClick on Employee PortalEnter username and passwordClick on career opportunitiesClick on Ontario, then TorontoSelect the job postingRegister and apply
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the HR Department.
Certification Requirements (Any) Valid G Licence Standard First Aid, CPR Level C Valid Ontario Security License Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check