100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
Drives change management plans and activities from initiation to implementation & sustainment to achieve desired business results. Engages leaders, stakeholders and other impacted audiences in the change to create an engaged workforce who understands the change & what it means for customers and employees. Understands a variety of business dimensions that must be considered in the implementation of change (products, people, processes, channels), and associated risks that must be interpreted, evaluated and mitigated. Drives overall business results by ensuring that change is understood, accepted and sustained.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads the change strategy planning process combining subject matter expertise and organizational knowledge to implement successful change.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of business strategies & challenges to support effective change management.
- Manages ongoing change programs, new change initiatives and cross-functional projects to provide integrated change management solutions for high-priority, multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Leads the execution of change management programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Assesses and adapts existing operational programs; develops new capabilities to ensure ongoing success.
- Analyzes the scope of change to determine people, process, financial, technology, risks & other impacts.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of change; evaluates the change environment to understand complexity and impact of change to develop a program that meets required objectives.
- Applies change management methodology and general management skills and knowledge to plan, organize and execute change management in a variety of project sizes.
- Collaborates with internal/external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, development and implementation of change. Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Develops change management solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Develops change strategy that enables leaders to promote the change and execute the change; ensures stakeholders to want to make the change.
- Builds and executes communications plans to drive awareness and understanding, including analyzing audiences, developing key messages and identifying the right channel, frequency and sender.
- Identifies resistance to the change and builds required plans to overcome objectives through communications and training in order to implement and sustain the change.
- Monitors and tracks adoption of the change, and addresses any issues. Implements any corrective actions required and celebrates successes.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle - Expert.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Management and Executive