Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!To:
All Security PersonnelFrom:
April 7 th , 2021Closing Date:
April 13 th , 2021Re:
Centennial College - Progress CampusCity:
Scarborough, ON M1G 3T8Status: Full-Time Hours: Continental Days (0730-1930 hrs.)Pay Rate: $17.34-$18.50
Job Skills / Requirements Site Description:
Established in 1966, Centennial College is Ontario's first community college serving the eastern portion of the Greater Toronto Area through four campuses and five satellite locations. Centennial College offers programs in business, communications, community and health studies, science and engineering technology, general arts, hospitality and transportation.
Centennial Place, Centennial College's new student residence opening August 2016, gives students the convenience they want with the lifestyle they are looking for. The fully furnished, state of the art facility will not only provide the atmosphere students need to be academically successful, but also an environment to help students create lasting memories and grow as an individual. Job Description:
- Be an accurate and dependable resource having knowledge about services on campus and at residence
- Be able to comprehend and demonstrate competencies of Centennial College and Centennial Place policies and procedures with an ability to use a customer service approach
- Be attentive to the needs of the student residents and be able to build relationships with the residents in the community.
- Be able to keep an open and objective mind, remembering that residents and staff have a diverse background
- Be able to facilitate an environment that allows students to meet their academic goals.
- Encourage residents to make connections with College resources, other residents and the community by building a safe and supportive environment.
- Help develop an atmosphere in which students have concern and respect for the rights of others
- Assist residents during crisis and contact the necessary emergency services as needed
- Frequently inspect the building for damage and report to management.
- Ensure that the property is safe by ensuring all security measures are functioning properly.
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Enthusiastically conducts proactive patrols to build relationships with students, address policy breeches, and note facility concerns.
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, residents, and other persons
- Ability to de-escalate a crisis situation, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Logging in/out of Key, Radio and pager audits
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquiries
- Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all departments
- Ability to provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Monitor camera footage
- Respond to all types of occurrences.
- Patrol Centennial Place interior and exterior, including boiler room patrols
- Excellent Deportment
- Physical Demands; excessive walking, standing, exposed to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Patrol assigned area on foot or on bicycle
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills required. Bilingual and Multilingual applicants preferred.
- Previous knowledge of Perspective reporting software an asset
- Previous knowledge of Guardall access control software an asset
- Post-Secondary education in a related field would be an asset.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a customer service oriented attitude
- Must possess a valid Security License for the Province of Ontario
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Must possess a current Smart Serve certification
- Must possess a current MOAB certification
- Must possess a valid Use of Force certification
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain an MLEO certification through Toronto Police Service Parking Enforcement Division
- Must participate in professional development and on site leveling system requirements
- Applicants cannot be current students at the campus they wish to work
- SafeTalk and/or ASSIST training would be an asset17.
- Must be flexible with shift availability (security operates 24 hours/day)
- One (1) year Security Guard experience in a post-secondary field would be an asset.
- Previous experience or training within a loss prevention/security field preferred
- Must complete all required site training within 30 day of on-site hire date
- Additional job-related task and duties as assigned
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits Site Benefits
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, kindly adhere to the following steps:
- Free parking available for successful applicant
- Industry leading and recognized certified professional development opportunities for successful applicant
Should you have any questions on this process, please contact the HR Department at email@example.com .
- Visit www.paladinsecurity.com
- Click on Employee Portal
- Enter username and password
- Click on career opportunities
- Click on Ontario, then Toronto
- Select the job posting
- Register and apply
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security