All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
For TD Bank Group to grow profitably, it must selectively take and manage risks. TD recognizes that a strong risk culture and approach to risk management is fundamental to our success.
The Retail Expected Loss Model Development group within the TD Bank Group (TDBG) Model Development department is responsible for modelling credit risk in all TDBG retail credit product portfolios (including mortgages, home equity, indirect auto loans, credit cards, and small business loans). Job Description
In this position, the individual will be responsible for the development, initial validation, documentation, and support in all stages of audit, implementation and ongoing monitoring of account-level models for credit risk parameters (PD, EAD, and LGD) for all TDBG retail credit product portfolios. The individual will also be responsible for updating/re-developing existing models for these portfolios as required.
These predictive models serve as the basis for establishing default, exposure and loss parameter estimates for use in
calculating Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) for TDBG retail credit exposures under the Basel II AIRB approach. They will also be used to calculate loan loss allowance and economic capital for these portfolios, as well as calculate expected credit losses, RWA, loan loss allowance and economic capital under various macroeconomic scenarios included in the Bank's internal and regulatory stress tests.
The position will involve interactions with TDBG Model Validation, Model Risk Management, Internal Audit, and external auditors, as well as with the Bank's Canadian (OSFI) banking regulators, in order to support their review and approval process for the risk parameter models. The position will ensure compliance with the TDBG Model Risk Policy, Capital Model Approval Policy, Data Governance requirements, and other relevant policies and regulatory requirements.
The individual will closely work with and actively support TDBG Retail Risk Management, as well as retail credit product and finance areas by providing a deep analysis of credit risk drivers and parameters under various scenarios for the respective retail credit portfolios. This will entail discussing key observations and conclusions derived from the data analysis and modelling with the various retail credit product, finance, and risk management groups, and assisting these groups in managing product portfolio risk and profitability. The individual will use leading-edge technologies and develop innovative solutions in the following areas:
- Data mining by making sense of large databases of historical data related to credit risk;
- Predictive credit risk modelling based on rigorous statistical analyses of historical data, regression techniques, and econometric analyses;
- Estimating credit risk embedded in the Bank's retail credit product portfolios, as well as the amount of regulatory and economic capital the Bank needs to allocate against these portfolios.
This position provides excellent learning, working and career opportunities in a highly professional and motivated team environment, as well as exposure to a variety of high-paced and intensive modelling projects and a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Requirements
Skills that are not required, but considered an asset:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Analysis, Risk Management, Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at of the start of your work term
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience using SAS or SQL in the context of data manipulation, data mining, statistical analysis, and predictive modelling;
- Proficiency in creating and manipulating datasets for data mining and predictive statistical modelling;
- Strong knowledge of modern statistical model development and validation concepts and techniques (particularly linear and logistic regression);
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to independently identify and solve problems in an effective and timely manner;
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to successfully work with multiple stakeholders to achieve the group's objectives;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to effectively present technical, business, and project management subjects to multiple stakeholders.
A working knowledge of concepts and methodologies (such as retail credit risk scoring techniques) used in the assessment of credit risk for retail credit exposures; A solid track record of successful development, initial validation, documentation, and implementation of predictive statistical models; A solid understanding of retail credit products and strategies, and experience with retail credit risk data, analytics, and risk modelling; A solid knowledge of Basel II requirements, including hands-on experience in developing and implementing Basel II Retail AIRB models. Additional Information Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.