Canadian Corporate Tax Manager - Ottawa
Reference ID: OTT000E9
In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Manager, you will be a part of our Global Compliance & Reporting group which has talented and dedicated professionals who provide quality compliance and provision services in many industries, such as: consumer products; energy; financial services; manufacturing; technology; entertainment; communications; and health sciences.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Manager you will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and provision work for clients. You'll also lead and team with talented and innovative professionals dedicated to client service.
Skills and attributes for success
• Manage clients/engagements, develop budgets, determine resource requirements, expand relationships with clients and help grow the tax practice.
• Participate in managing a team by assisting with forecasting future work, delegating work effectively, and managing team resources.
• Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service.
• Team with tax and assurance professionals to provide comprehensive tax services including compliance, tax provision, research and controversy services, all in a paperless and process driven environment.
• Determine all information required in order to provide complete, accurate and timely tax services within budget.
• Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information, monitor and manage as required.
• Oversee the issues management process and adapt to challenges in the process.
• Ensure the acceptance of the product by appropriate parties.
• Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery.
• Facilitate open communication and supervise/train/mentor/coach staff and peers.
• Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary.
• Leverage technology to maximize productivity.
• Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positive attitude.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree in a related field
• A minimum of 3 years of corporate tax experience and interest in the areas of tax accounting and tax provisions (preparing and reviewing for attest purposes)
• An accounting designation CA/CPA
• Currently enrolled or completed CICA/CICPA in-depth tax course
• Excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong people skills
Ideally, you'll also have
• A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 20, 2019
Closes: May 19, 2019