Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements Job Description:
Security guards are committed to the Manager's brand values and deliver a consistent and superior level of customer service to tenants, guests, customers and employees. They actively seek out opportunities to provide visible customer assistance and support. By their professionalism, knowledge and actions they instill a sense of customer confidence.
Security guards maintain a highly visible and reassuring presence through their assigned patrol and post duties. Security guards are the eyes and ears of the Property and they take steps to ensure that the Manager's rules and standards for the Property are maintained. By their presence, they act as a deterrent to crime and undesired activity and help to maintain a visibly safe and welcoming environment at the Property.Job Duties:
- Job duties for this position fall into the two broad and overlapping categories of:
- Providing exceptional service in order to enhance customer experience; and
- Ensuring compliance with the standards, rules and regulations at the Property.
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be proactive in helping everyone have an outstanding customer experience at the Property;
- Perform highly visible patrols of assigned patrol areas/zones (by foot, bicycle, vehicle) and positively engage with tenants, guests, visitors and employees on an ongoing basis;
- Approach guests or visitors at directory boards, within building lobbies, and elsewhere to offer directions or general assistance;
- Work closely with the Manager's other departments at the Property, especially the guest services and tenant services departments, to provide customer service support to tenants, guests, visitors and employees;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of activities and special events at the Property and assist visitors and guests during their visit to the Property;
- Assist visitors, guests and tenants' employees with specific problems, such as safety concerns, requests for directions, escorts, assistance with packages, misplaced vehicles, etc.;
- Protect the Property and maintain a safe and welcoming environment;
- Enforce the rules and regulations at the Property in a fair and responsible manner;
- Support of the Managers Joint Health & Safety Committee and program to ensure occupational safety is prioritized and effectively practiced throughout all areas of property operations;
- Report and follow up on hazards and/or deficiencies identified during the course of duty;
- Observe and report criminal activity to the police and assist the police upon their arrival and during their attendance at the Property;
- Assist tenants/merchants respond to crimes that have occurred at the Property and ensure appropriate law enforcement authorities are summoned;
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide First Aid, CPR or AED support as necessary until medical professionals arrive;
- Prepare written reports using the Manager's standard report-writing program;
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the Property in a fair and safe manner;
- Remain prepared to respond to crime, disturbances and emergency situations as per training and procedure;
- Facilitate access to restricted areas for authorized persons; and
- Control vehicle traffic on the Property.
- Normal physical activity characterized by extended periods of walking and standing, periodic sitting, kneeling, bending and use of basic motor skills; and
- Regular keyboarding and record keeping in written logs required.
- Support and promote Manager's Green@Work and Joint Health & Safety program initiatives;
- Close and secure doors to prevent heat loss during colder seasons;
- Shut off excess lighting where suitable to assist in the reduction of power consumption; and
- Fully support the Manager's "Green" initiatives at the Property and those of the tenants and merchants at the Property.
- Basic computer (keyboarding) skills are required;
- Knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation and regulations required; and
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Excellent people and customer service skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent discretion and overall decision-making skills;
- Tact and diplomacy in dealings with a range of settings and situations;
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment;
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with diverse situations and people; and
- Team player.
- Completion of grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- Prior work experience in a customer service environment is a definite asset;
- Previous experience working as a security guard (or equivalent) is of benefit;
- WHMIS and other safety courses an asset;
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- First Aid & CPR - Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com .
- Additional courses as assigned
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Client Services Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security