Job DescriptionPrimary Activities
Our Manufacturing group is seeking two (2) Buyers, Senior with an Engineering Technology certificate or diploma.
The following are the duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain proper relations with vendors.
- Assist in selection of new source of supply.
- May visit vendor' s premises to ascertain and/or report to seniors as to vendors personnel, equipment, experience and capacity to efficiently perform the requirements of the Company' s orders or contract.
- Maintain current information as to prices available, sources of supply, price trends of materials, equipment and services usually sought by his/her section of the Procurement Department.
- Interpret assigned Bills of Materials, Engineering Orders, requisitions etc., from the standpoint of direct or subcontract purchase requirements.
- Place orders for assigned items at the most economical prices consistent with quality, delivery, special services, specifications and government regulations.
- Perform duties of a Buyer I and II, as required.
- May be required to instruct and direct other employees within the Procurement Department in their work.
Graduation from an Institute of Technology or equivalent in a course relating to Procurement and/or Business/Materials Management. Must have extensive experience in procurement related to manufactured parts and assemblies as used in electro-mechanical products. Requires a thorough knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices and must be familiar with manufacturing and engineering office procedures. Works with minimum supervision. verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us.
Posted: September 20, 2018
Closes: November 19, 2018