All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
You will have the opportunity to work with one of our various teams within the Technology group. Job responsibilities for a Business Systems Analyst Intern/Co-op may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Plan, manage, and support the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical/functional specifications in alignment with standards and frameworks.
- Work in close partnership with business partners, technology, project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
- Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration
- Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching and analyzing current state system capabilities and defining technology solutions recommendations working closely with key technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects)
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications taking into account non-functional requirements
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
- Contribute to development, creation, maintenance and enhancements of forecast models and reports
The following would be considered an asset, but not required:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at of the start of your work term
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to visualize data in a compact and meaningful way using Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with PivotTables on medium to larger data sets
- Demonstrates leadership, ability to communicate big picture and demonstrate solutions
- Self-driven, able to program to task efficiently, adapt quickly to feedback
- Analytical thinking, able to see like a customer and develop solutions that meet a need or uncover a new opportunity
- Understanding of various system architecture types and how different systems may interact.
- Solid programing skills in JAVA/J2EE, or JAVA Script, Web Services (Soap and Rest), Oracle, VBScript and/or Object-Oriented programming
- Good knowledge on Software Development Life Cycles
- Good knowledge on Software Testing Methodologies
Additional Information Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- Experience with AngularJS, Rest API, jBMP
- Experience in simple VBA to aid in automating and optimizing reporting processes such as copying/pasting
- Exposure to basic reporting in Tableau
- Good knowledge of Relational Database
- SQL Server (SQL Script, Store Procedure)
- Good knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.