• Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture. • Defines and documents efficient and transparent architecture principles, standards and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data and technology within the Bank. Partners with broader stakeholders in technology and business in defining architecture possibilities and futures. • Works with Business and development teams in recommending process or system design and enhancements. • Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound and well-integrated. • Provides immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution. Key Accountabilities:
• Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project. • Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture. • Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures. • Provides input into the preparation of business case. • Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology. • Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning. • Decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code. • Support the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives Key Experience:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change Qualifications
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Passionate and determined
• Egoless nature
• A continuous learner
• Follow through consistently on work commitments
Core Knowledge & Skills:
• Sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer's business processes. We're here to help
• Knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
• Knowledge of Credit Card, Debit, EFT and Real Time Payment Systems
• Ability to review technical work
• Analytics and Risk Modeling
• Worked with communication technologies
• Worked with Real Time Data Feeding Systems and Technologies
• Develops and recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery
• Experience with UNIX, Linux RedHat
• Knowledge in the required technology (i.e. websphere, Unix, Oracle, noSQL, MySQL, Hadoop.)
• 3 years' Experience and working knowledge of:
• Technology Architecture and Solution Architecture
• Enterprise Application Integration using Enterprise Service Bus
• Service Oriented Architecture Micro Services
• Business Process Modelling, Design, and Management
• Project Management
• System Development Methodologies
• System Implementation
• Cloud Computing and Architecture
• Agile, DevOps
• Knowledge of Big Data/Hadoop
• Knowledge of AI/Machine Learning principles
• Key Words: Enterprise Software Implementation, Cloud Computing, UNIX, LINUX, RedHat, Shell, Kernel, Banking, Fraud, Payment Technologies, Payment Systems, Big Data, Hadoop, DevOps,
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.