Requisition ID: 111094
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The eConsent and Digitized Solutions Team is team focused on solutions ranging from digital/paperless, accessibility, regulatory, customer information and composition activities. The team reports serves our partners across Scotiabank's Global enterprise.
This team of approximately 17 employees is focused on the delivery of superior customer experiences and customized solutions. This role delivers success through the achievement of successful engagements and deployments in support of business needs and vision. The role:
Business Solutions Expert - Canadian Banking
This role will be within the Scotiabank Canadian Banking (CB) team, working with Revolving Credit, Data and Transactions teams who provides core banking capabilities, API Enablement, Leadership in Delivery, supporting CB Digital, Regulatory and Compliance, Engagement and Solution. The successful candidate will be partnering with multiple teams across business products and channels, as well as delivery services from core banking platforms. Is this role right for you?
Responsibilities will include:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Working closely with Delivery and Engineering teams, Product Owners and technical platform teams to define, design and develop high quality solutions supporting business process improvements that support business and technical strategies.
- End-to-end business analysis, design and development of complex distributed cloud based micro-service system.
- Working with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Aligning solutions to strategic technical and capability roadmaps and identifying new shared capabilities and business opportunities.
- Serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
- Extensive experience in gathering requirements from business units and translating those to programmers and developers
- Preparing cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation. Comfortable with ROI Reports
- Demonstrating an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- A strong understanding of the SDLC process and various delivery methodologies including waterfall and agile .
- Support for one or more highly complex business processes
- Working on multiple projects as a project team member
- The ability to communicate with precision while being concise taking audience into consideration
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Technology, Economics or Math; or other related field or equivalent work experience:
5+ years of experience in the Canadian Banking landscape, with an emphasis on Core Banking channels, products and capabilities
Proven experience in the delivery of large complex technology initiatives/programs
Expert in business analysis and delivery methodology in the Canadian Banking domain, with the ability to identify and resolve problems
Experience and good working knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall framework
Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills and experience in working with diverse multi-matrixed teams
Ability to interact with and influence colleagues and business partners at all seniority levels
Expert knowledge of Business Workflow, Implementation and Trends
Strong Relationship Management skills and the ability to define business/technology roadmaps What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Law, Finance, Technology, Engineering, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance