Requisition ID: 100191
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Lead Business Analyst, you will lead a project team responsible for the delivery and daily operations of interest rate derivatives risk & valuations in the Global Capital Markets technology team. This will include overseeing and participating in the research and analysis of business processes, facilitate business and IT collaborations, and defining requirements that lead to the design and implementation of effective solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for the testing of new systems or enhancements as well as the integrity of daily operations and ensuring ongoing support.Is this role right for you?
In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Implement specific business line solutions for projects and support highly complex business applications for Derivatives and Structured Products
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on a thorough understanding of the requirements of the specific business line, and the data /system flow architecture
- Participate in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). And act as a liaison between developers and business team members.
- Provide timely project status updates to the Project Manager; identify/mitigate/report project risks as early as possible
- Provide expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes, with ability to handles extremely complex problems to meet the business needs of Global Capital Markets
- Collaborate as the business lead with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with Scotia IT&S Technology roadmap
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines
- Analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to help arrive at innovative solutions.
- Look after System Artifacts such as BRD's, Tech Specs, IST Plan, Test Cases, evidence of test execution, UAT Strategy, UAT Test Plan etc.
- Manage the relationship with business users, other project teams and other stakeholders and Coach/mentor junior staff of the team
We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- 8-10 years of experience with risk management, derivatives applications, valuation and market data knowledge
- Relevant technical knowledge such as RiskWatch, Risk script, Linux, Scripting, SQL, python and familiar with RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, etc).
- Experience with agile and continuous integration and delivery
- Project management and project delivery experience
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details to create business solutions to meet clients' needs
- Expertise in very complex business and technical processes and their implications across the enterprise.
- Knowledge of business functions related to Global Risk Management to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- A recognized under-graduate degree in business administration, mathematics, computer science, or engineering related discipline. And a CFA or FRM designation would be an asset
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to viable solutions to design products and applications that will be used by over 21 million customers globally
- Tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Learning and development - free access to Pluralsight membership to upskill and develop your skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Developer, Law, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance