Requisition ID: 159424
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
As a Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst, you will contribute to the overall success of the Business & Retail Service Centre (BSC & RSC), Global Operations Group in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.Accountabilities
Skills and Requirements
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Work closely with team members and business partners to clearly understand business and/or data requirements to provide intuitive files/reporting in user friendly format to Executive Leadership.
- Develop and maintain moderately complex databases and regular reporting to support Business needs and external and internal partners with trend analysis. This will include current reporting and future developments
- Gather database information and prepare spreadsheets, dashboards, and reports for trending info/analysis, providing explanations for or highlighting discrepancies as well as preparing management reports for review which includes analysis and recommendations. This includes providing analytical support in the implementation or review of new/existing projects, systems, processes and technology as well as assisting in the delivery and implementation of solutions as required.
- Assist in the distribution and completion of inquiries/issues raised by Executive to ensure timely resolution within standard Operational Performance Commitment (OPC).
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Knowledge of business related computer software including Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- High degree of discretion and judgement is exercised in determining work priorities.
- Expectation to utilize sound judgement in the interpretation of data and instructions.
- Experience analyzing data
- Excellent communication skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Business Intelligence, Compliance, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Management, Technology, Legal, Finance