Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 120 Bremner Boulevard 26th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J0A8
The team is responsible for providing actionable performance metrics, causal attribution, and future predictions in a format that is easy to digest at the highest levels in the organization. These business insights highlight areas of risk and opportunity, performance outliers, and assist in making well-informed, data-based business decisions. Using this information, we will help business leaders develop a strategy on what company-wide investments to make and the level of their importance.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, defining new metrics and business cases, designing simulations and experiments, creating models, and collaborating with teammates in business, software, and research. The successful candidate will have a strong analytical background and can thrive in an environment that leverages statistics, machine learning, operations research, econometrics, and business analysis.
Salary Range: $76,400 to $127,600/yr commensurable with experience
• Graduate degree (MS or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics or a related quantitative field.
• 2+ years of relevant experience in Business intelligence or business analytics.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• Experience with managing large and disparate data sources
• Familiarity with AWS data solutions such as S3 and Redshift
• Excellent writing skills for presenting business cases and to document the models and analysis and present the results/conclusions in order to influence important decisions
Language required for job: English #0000PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet all qualifications above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock