All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program,
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
The Business Insights & Analytics Co-op/Intern
is an 8-month work term within our Risk Analytics Department.
The Business Insights & Analytics Co-op/Intern will perform a variety of activities, which may include:
Requirements Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Perform SQL data queries/SAS data sets for analysis/modelling, including cleaning data and feature engineering
- Analyze large data sets and identify trends and insights to inform business decisions; communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Support team members and business partners to develop, test and deploy analytics solutions, for example: forecasting, optimization
- Proactively identify business problems and opportunities where a data-driven solution would be appropriate and develop proposals / approaches
- Collaborate with business partners to support the business case development process for analytics solutions
- Will perform data visualizations by utilizing Tableau
- Currently enrolled in either a recognized undergraduate or graduate university or college degree majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Statistics, Data Analytics or related, with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills and interest are necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge in SQL, SAS or other data-related programming languages.
- Knowledge with Data Management, Analytics, and Project Management is a plus.
- Working knowledge with Tableau visualizations.
- Knowledge with RESL products (Real Estate Secured Lending - Mortgage and HELOC) considered an asset.
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting.Additional Information
- This position is a 8-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - April 29, 2022.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
All applicants must apply online through TD opportunities portal. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.